Author Topic: Best New Thrillers  (Read 21797 times)

MisterSir

Re: Best New Thrillers
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 03:42:30 AM »
Any new MUST SEE thrillers 2016 or looking promising coming 2017? Still can't wait for The Well, hope it's out soon, looks awesome to me: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3316624

I'll second that Wiz, The Well sounds like an extremely promising film!:)

Right now eagerly awaiting Arrival...

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 04:07:40 AM »
Hell Or High Water hasn't been mentioned yet. As a heist movie it does its best to undercut that simple drama but if you give it a chance to tell the whole story, it becomes a very powerful movie. The last scene being the heart of a film is unusual and intelligent and impactful.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

MisterSir

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »
Hell Or High Water hasn't been mentioned yet. As a heist movie it does its best to undercut that simple drama but if you give it a chance to tell the whole story, it becomes a very powerful movie. The last scene being the heart of a film is unusual and intelligent and impactful.

Haven't seen Hell or High Water, sounds good, will check it out.

Anyone seen The Woman on The Train?

Wiz

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 04:26:10 AM »
Woman On The Train, is an OK film.

Looking forward to Arrival, anyone seen it yet?

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 04:27:51 AM »
There's a whole thread about it.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

MisterSir

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 05:58:04 AM »
Thrillers coming up that I think look solid, traditional thrillers, action thrillers, and sci-fi thrillers.

The Commuter
American Made
Life

Wiz

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 04:35:22 AM »

Saw Hell Or High Water yesterday, a bit low key but great thriller, highly recommended!

Wiz

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 04:41:21 AM »
STRANGER THINGS is the best thriller this year, it's a TV series in the shape of an 8 hour feature film, if you haven't seen it check it out!

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 04:50:01 AM »

Saw Hell Or High Water yesterday, a bit low key but great thriller, highly recommended!
Verrry low key yeah.  :D The anti-Point Break of heist movies.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Wiz

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 02:55:25 AM »
Finally saw Arrival, perhaps not the thriller I thought it was, more art-house but quite interesting concepts at play.