love

Author Topic: #597: Suicide Squad / Top 5 Women Comic Book Characters (Done Right)  (Read 5619 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: #597: Suicide Squad / Top 5 Women Comic Book Characters (Done Right)
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
I thought Angelica was wonderful, and the perspectives on Suicide Squad were great.  It allows me to watch the film with some trepidation.  Her views were interesting and knowledgeable.  I'd love to have her back again sometime.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »
I watched Suicide Squad last weekend and 'infuriating' is a good way to describe the experience. The marketing had a better understanding of what would make the film good than the people who made it, with an infuriating script, infuriating action and infuriating use of The Joker.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »
Wow, this guest host keeps talking about things being "infuriating". My question is, why would you get to that point? Maybe you should better keep your emotions in check. Movies shouldnt make you that upset or angry.
Hey woman, stop being so emotional! That should go over like gangbusters.

Also: movies make me that happy/excited; they can certainly make me that mad/infuriated.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:31:27 PM by Adam »
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »
I thought Angelica was wonderful, and the perspectives on Suicide Squad were great.  It allows me to watch the film with some trepidation.  Her views were interesting and knowledgeable.  I'd love to have her back again sometime.
Yep.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
I watched Suicide Squad last weekend and 'infuriating' is a good way to describe the experience. The marketing had a better understanding of what would make the film good than the people who made it, with an infuriating script, infuriating action and infuriating use of The Joker.

This it has finally toppled Transformers 2 as the single worst film I have ever seen.

Totoro

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »

But this post just neatly proves the old adage that you can't win - bring on a guest really knowledgeable about the subject matter, somebody will complain; have only two guys who know nothing about the subject matter, somebody will complain. So the only answer is to not worry about pleasing anyone.

Well, I wouldn't complain. The (comic book) nerds make their voice heard all over the internet. It's near impossible to mute them out. I like Filmspotting because you guys aren't that audience so when you review something like THE AVENGERS or THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, it isn't your childhood or whatever, it's just a movie.

But I don't know why you had to say two guys - I'm not taking up my issue that she's a woman, just that she's a comic book nerd.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:05 PM »
I think he said "two guys" because Josh and Adam are, you know, two guys.
Texan Down Under

RomeKnow

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
Youre all very, very pretentious. I hope thats understood.

And it sounds like a shitty job to have, to have to watch and talk about I bunch of stuff I so clearly despise. Maybe a career change should be in order.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 07:17:11 AM »

And it sounds like a shitty job to have, to have to watch and talk about I bunch of stuff I so clearly despise. Maybe a career change should be in order.

Or perhaps it's a badly made film?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
Quite right.

love