love

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens  (Read 26247 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2016, 01:05:45 AM »
I wonder how many people are going to get Plinkett from Red Letter Media making a voice cameo?

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2016, 02:16:16 AM »
I like Honest Trailers, but I wouldn't trust them with... anything really as far as choosing films to see, they're really just trying to be funny (and mostly suceeding in my book, though that one wasn't great).
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Paul Phoenix

• Elite Member
  • The 'Kid-Gloves' are off
    • Letterboxd Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2016, 02:33:36 AM »
I mean, if you want to engage in a real conversation about the movie you might want to see the movie.

This mostly rehashes conversations we had here in this thread. There's some connection they try to make between it being a remake of A New Hope and it being bad, but, to quote a different thread, show your work. That's an observation, not an opinion. It's a lot of nit-picking about fan service and Mary Sue's, but there's no real engaging with the film as its own thing. And then it has a whole minute of fan-service of it's own at the end!
I like Honest Trailers, but I wouldn't trust them with... anything really as far as choosing films to see, they're really just trying to be funny (and mostly suceeding in my book, though that one wasn't great).

Still, if it's really just a rehash of A New Hope, I could safely say that it won't be an urgent viewing any time soon, especially when you're not a hardcore Star Wars fan. The facts presented in the observation is like a bad trailer turning me off from a movie.

And besides, the blu-ray doesn't come out till months later, so there's nothing I can do anyway even if I want to watch it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:52:39 AM by Hermit »
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone." - Lance Clayton (played by Robin Williams), World's Greatest Dad

Eternally seeking variety. 'Tis the spice of life for me.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2016, 09:40:37 PM »
There's so many good points in this thread, I'm having a laugh reading it.

love