Author Topic: Trailers  (Read 10337 times)

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
  • "Liberating Canaries"
Re: Trailers
« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
"I heard you kids like Easter Eggs, so I made a movie with nothing but Easter Eggs." - SS

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »
Well... it looks a lot better than whatever the last trailer was. Now i feel like I wouldn't mind actually watching it. I think the dude what was in Whiplash would have been perfect in the lead.

Parnassus

• Soundtrack Lover
    • The Soundtrack Central
« Reply #472 on: December 11, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
The new Avengers trailer looks great. I never got to see the Comic-Con trailer since I don't live in America, so I'm just grateful to have seen the trailer anyway, especially when it lived up to the kind of hype I was expecting for a build-up of several years of movies in the MCU (all roads leading to here and all that).

The music and tone of the entire trailer are epic. Looks like the stakes are going to be raised this time, especially if what little I've seen of the bootleg Comic-Con trailer uploaded on YouTube is correct (Tony mourning over an apologetic Peter). Hopefully, they would follow the comic book and kill off everyone (before granting them the inevitable revival in Part II, of course).

I'm actually less intrigued by the second Ready Player One trailer than I was with the first one. I feel like it's one of those style over substance movies where the plot hardly matters since I'm going to be watching it for the '80s Easter Eggs. It's like watching Pacific Rim expecting a deep story - I didn't, since it's giant robots fighting giant monsters. Nice to see the RX-78-2 Gundam and even Tracer from Overwatch in the new trailer though. This is nerd culture at its best, especially with Van Halen's Jump closing the video. Is there a better way to end a movie trailer about '80s nostalgia or what? Personally though, I would have chosen Stan Bush's The Touch. Imagine if the video ended with that song and Optimus Prime showing up. ;D

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
New trailer for Alex Garland's "Annihilation"

"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
  • "Liberating Canaries"
« Reply #474 on: December 19, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
This doesn't seem necessary..... buuuuut.... it still looks pretty good....

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #475 on: December 19, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
I'm not sure how to put my feelings into words... I just felt like Sicario was more of a comment about violence, about those kinds of movies and even maybe subverting some of what we'd expect... a sequel almost feels like the opposite of that- "Oh let's make an action movie!"

Hopefully Sheridan has a worthy story. And Dariusz Wolski is making it look a lot better than I expected it to. I was wondering how the movie would look/feel without Villeneuve/Deakin's sensibilities.

(I do like the editing for that trailer though, if it was just some ordinary thriller, I'd be all for it)

My Switchboard

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #476 on: December 19, 2017, 10:41:16 PM »
Hey, well said.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #477 on: December 20, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
SOF basically summarized my thoughts.

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2017, 05:43:54 PM »
I wonder if Ready Player One had to buy the rights to show all these pop culture properties.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2017, 08:44:20 AM »
I was wondering that myself. A lot of stuff is Warner Bros. (or they've done a film with the characters already)- Suicide Squad, Iron Giant, Akira, Freddy Krueger (New Line), Lord of the Rings (New Line), Speed Racer, Mad Max, etc.

Not sure how this would work but some stuff is under Amblin (like Back to the Future). But there were a few video game characters here and there (I know Spielberg had tried to develop Halo a while back) and just from doing some quick Googling, Stephen King's Christine and the A-Team are at different studios as well. I wonder how much some of them cost and if there were any restrictions on what could be depicted?

My Switchboard