love

Author Topic: Trailers  (Read 65134 times)

MattDrufke

Re: Trailers
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »
The big end joke ("I know him! He's a friend from work!") could've been an eye-roll, but it made me giggle. Excited for this.
@ihatemattdrufke

Terrazine

« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
Eh, kinda disappointed that it didn't have a darker vibe to fit the whole "Ragnarok" theme. Unsurprised that Marvel went the comedic route again. Will probably skip it again, like with Ant-Man and Strange.

Is that woman supposed to be Enchantress? Hardly looks like her comic book counterpart if so.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2017, 02:34:47 PM »
I'm glad they went lighter. I'm so tired of all these grim superhero stories. I want something fun, humorous, and zany.

Terrazine

« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
Darker is not bad if done right. So far nobody bothered to take the job since Nolan.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
Is that woman supposed to be Enchantress? Hardly looks like her comic book counterpart if so.

That's Hela, goddess of death.

Trailer was good. Movie looks fun!

iQuanah

« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
Eh, kinda disappointed that it didn't have a darker vibe to fit the whole "Ragnarok" theme. Unsurprised that Marvel went the comedic route again. Will probably skip it again, like with Ant-Man and Strange.

It's less than 2 minutes long. I think you need more footage to make that judgement. Let's see what the next trailer provides.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »

What is the Ragnarok theme? Why must it be dark?

Is Enchantress in the comic an actor the caliber of Cate Blanchett? That's way more important than the look.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
I prefer my comic books to be comic and my dark books to be dark.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »
Comic book covers a wide range of expressions. Just the superhero stuff now leans more towards Batman thanks to The Dark Knight, which is honestly not what the majority of superhero comics are like. There are some dark ones but they tend to be more fun and colorful and less brooding and apocalyptic.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
Baby Driver
While the new trailer ditches the humor, it's only in the sense of the post-Pulp Fiction vibe of funny monsters that was bugging me. The new ad keeps the fun Edgar Wright feeling and I'm much more excited, though this seems closer to Scott Pilgrim, which is his most divisive film.