Author Topic: Trailers  (Read 65132 times)

Terrazine

Re: Trailers
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
Eh, kinda disappointed that it didn't have a darker vibe to fit the whole "Ragnarok" theme. Unsurprised that Marvel went the comedic route again. Will probably skip it again, like with Ant-Man and Strange.

Is that woman supposed to be Enchantress? Hardly looks like her comic book counterpart if so.
What is the Ragnarok theme? Why must it be dark?

Is Enchantress in the comic an actor the caliber of Cate Blanchett? That's way more important than the look.

You know, Ragnarok? The End of the World brimstone and fire stuff? I don't think the obvious needs to be stated here.

Also, you're comparing a fictional character's supposed "acting ability" to a real person... I hope you're trolling.

Terrazine

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
Comic book covers a wide range of expressions. Just the superhero stuff now leans more towards Batman thanks to The Dark Knight, which is honestly not what the majority of superhero comics are like. There are some dark ones but they tend to be more fun and colorful and less brooding and apocalyptic.

True, but in this case, the source material isn't exactly Archie Comics and sunshine.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:40 AM »
Eh, kinda disappointed that it didn't have a darker vibe to fit the whole "Ragnarok" theme. Unsurprised that Marvel went the comedic route again. Will probably skip it again, like with Ant-Man and Strange.

Is that woman supposed to be Enchantress? Hardly looks like her comic book counterpart if so.

Is Enchantress in the comic an actor the caliber of Cate Blanchett? That's way more important than the look.

You know, Ragnarok? The End of the World brimstone and fire stuff? I don't think the obvious needs to be stated here.

Yeah, you know Ragnarok! EVERYONE knows RAGNAROK!! It's so obvious.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
Maybe the apocalypse is funny sometimes?

Terrazine

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »

Yeah, you know Ragnarok! EVERYONE knows RAGNAROK!! It's so obvious.

Yes it is. The sarcasm isn't needed, if you don't want this conversation to turn into something ugly, on the Internet of all places. Check your attitude.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
I never studied Norse Mythology.

As for my trolling, my actual point is that when it comes to movies, casting is more import to me than the accuracy of the wardrobe, which is simply replacing one mythical detail with another.

Terrazine

« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »
As for my trolling, my actual point is that when it comes to movies, casting is more import to me than the accuracy of the wardrobe, which is simply replacing one mythical detail with another.

Well, I'm sorry but film is a visual medium. The "wardrobe" is part of that visual element that can affect the style of the movie. And what does Cate's acting have to do with the producer's wardrobe decisions anyway in the first place?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »
I'm just tired of the dark and depressed. Tired of films being grim and dower, especially blockbusters. Sure, they have their place, but if I'm gonna watch popcorn fare, I want it to be fun. Sure, you can have some dark elements,but I'm just so weary of every superhero film trying to be The Dark Knight.

And the guy they hired is a comedy director. I'd much rather see him flex his comedy muscles in this film than make just another Nolan wannabe superhero film. I'm guessing Marvel saw how well people reacted to GotG and decided to take more of that tone. I'm fine with that. Let DC be brooding and dark while Marvel has fun.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
I was trying to figure out why this is important to you. It means enough that you commented on it, so I was curious what it is about Enchantress' look you think needed to be maintained. Not trolling. Curious to read your opinion.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
Yes it is. The sarcasm isn't needed, if you don't want this conversation to turn into something ugly, on the Internet of all places. Check your attitude.

The sarcasm was in response to the condescending tone of your post, Paul Phoenix. Not everyone is into comics and/or Norse mythology.