Author Topic: Trailers  (Read 65197 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
Re: Trailers
« Reply #650 on: January 08, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
The trailer for The Kid Who Would Be King played before Spider-Verse and was atrocious. I can't believe Joe Cornish is the director. Hopefully the trailer doesn't do the movie justice, but I was not buying the kid in the lead role at all.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #651 on: January 08, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »
Say it ain’t so, Joe.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #652 on: January 08, 2019, 03:25:30 PM »
All the trailers before Into the Spider-Verse were terrible. IMO, Kid Who Would Be King was actually the best of a very sorry lot.

The Kid Who Would Be King
Shazam
A Dog’s Way Home
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Secret Life of Pets 2
Missing Link

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #653 on: January 08, 2019, 03:43:51 PM »
These are all masterpieces compared to:

Overcomer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjjKa-DdsoU

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #654 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
A new Captain Marvel trailer

5 seconds into this one, it briefly takes on the tone of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I hope the film moves further in this direction.

I like the part where she punches the old lady and wish it was all about Brie Larson punching old people. It would be the first threat of global destruction in the Marvel series that I believe.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #655 on: January 08, 2019, 08:21:56 PM »
Reserved a CM ticket today through the AMC A List, but might give it up since it's Friday night and not Thursday, which was already basically sold out. I hate recliner seats. Could also potentially hit the fake IMAX for it vs the Prime theater. Or, likely, just go to the OG theater on Thursday night.

I kind of wish that dog movie didn't look terrible. Dog Days was definitely way better than I thought it would be; however, this one just doesn't look good and pretty much gives you the whole thing in the trailer.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #656 on: January 08, 2019, 10:22:33 PM »
The trailer for The Kid Who Would Be King played before Spider-Verse and was atrocious. I can't believe Joe Cornish is the director. Hopefully the trailer doesn't do the movie justice, but I was not buying the kid in the lead role at all.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41:50 PM »
I kind of wish that dog movie didn't look terrible. Dog Days was definitely way better than I thought it would be; however, this one just doesn't look good and pretty much gives you the whole thing in the trailer.
I wonder if they were locked into making this film as part of a series. I can't imagine they'd greenlight this one story because of the inherent problem pointed out by the marketing. It's about a boy and his dog who love each other deeply and then are separated. If you don't give away the ending, people will stay away because they have to be sure the dog finds its way home. By knowing that he does, there's now no reason to see the film except to... experience the anguish of boy and dog missing each other?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #658 on: January 09, 2019, 09:51:14 AM »
All the trailers before Into the Spider-Verse were terrible. IMO, Kid Who Would Be King was actually the best of a very sorry lot.
I though Shazam looked like dumb fun.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #659 on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »
I didn't think Attack the Block had a great trailer either, so I'm not super worried about this one. Shazam looks like fun, too. DC seems to be leaning towards older (80s and 90s) kinds of comic movies, which appeals to me given the ubiquity of the overly realistic (for my taste) Marvel formula.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love