Author Topic: #600: Top 5 Movies Future Historians Will Remember w/ Chuck Klosterman  (Read 3342 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: #600: Top 5 Movies Future Historians Will Remember w/ Chuck Klosterman
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
Best episode in a long time. Loved the discussion.

Agreed. This top 5 belongs in the top 5 top 5's.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »
Hi Filmspotting community,

Been probably 1-2 years since I've logged on here, even though I still listen to every episode religiously.  Just wanted to send a general congratulations to Adam and all the past and current co-hosts on what an amazing accomplishment to get to this point in Filmspotting history.

Here's to 600 more episodes :-)

Cheers,

Dave
Nice to see you here, Dave! :)

DarkCrystal

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
Hi Filmspotting community,

Been probably 1-2 years since I've logged on here, even though I still listen to every episode religiously.  Just wanted to send a general congratulations to Adam and all the past and current co-hosts on what an amazing accomplishment to get to this point in Filmspotting history.

Here's to 600 more episodes :-)

Cheers,

Dave
Nice to see you here, Dave! :)

Thanks Melissa!  Congrats on your Filmspotting debut :-)  Hope all is well with you out in Seattle.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »
Welcome back, Dave!

DarkCrystal

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 01:26:31 PM »
Welcome back, Dave!

Thanks Sandy and Melissa!

Before Episode 600 began, I was ultra pumped to hear Chuck Klosterman with the Filmspotting fellas.  As good as the episode was, and also enjoyed the Marc Maron, oddly enough by far the podcaster who brings out the best in Chuck K is from a Sports Podcast, The Bill Simmons Show.

Those two have got some of the best chemistry in the history of the medium, and it's interesting that I find even other good podcasts with Chuck like this episode, not able to capture the magic BS and CK have.

Great job Adam and Josh for landing Chuck though, what a brilliant top 5 idea!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »
Thanks Melissa!  Congrats on your Filmspotting debut :-)  Hope all is well with you out in Seattle.
Thanks, it was fun!  Doing well. :)

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 08:34:50 PM »
Welcome back, Dave!

Before Episode 600 began, I was ultra pumped to hear Chuck Klosterman with the Filmspotting fellas.  As good as the episode was, and also enjoyed the Marc Maron, oddly enough by far the podcaster who brings out the best in Chuck K is from a Sports Podcast, The Bill Simmons Show.

Those two have got some of the best chemistry in the history of the medium, and it's interesting that I find even other good podcasts with Chuck like this episode, not able to capture the magic BS and CK have.

Probably don't need to point out that of course CK and BS are friends and former co-workers who have done a ton of pods together; they also just get to have a conversation as opposed to following a top 5 like format. So I hope their chemistry would be much better than ours! :) Glad you mostly seemed to enjoy it though.

I also agree with you about how much fun those shows are.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

DarkCrystal

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Welcome back, Dave!

Probably don't need to point out that of course CK and BS are friends and former co-workers who have done a ton of pods together; they also just get to have a conversation as opposed to following a top 5 like format. So I hope their chemistry would be much better than ours! :) Glad you mostly seemed to enjoy it though.

Hi Adam,

Yikes, in case my post had any type of negative connotation: thought the 600th episode with you, Josh and Chuck was awesome!  It was more meant as a comment just highlighting how continually amazed I am at how continued, consistent time and chemistry makes truly brilliant shows (as BS and CK have).

I think you and Josh are also incredible examples of this; listening to your earliest episodes together, you were both still finding your way.  Now after time the both of you have an incredible rhythm and come across as such a kickass team doing your thing :-).

So glad to be a part of this community since 2008 and the Sam / Matty days!!!

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »
Welcome back, Dave!

Hi Adam,

Yikes, in case my post had any type of negative connotation: thought the 600th episode with you, Josh and Chuck was awesome!  It was more meant as a comment just highlighting how continually amazed I am at how continued, consistent time and chemistry makes truly brilliant shows (as BS and CK have).

I think you and Josh are also incredible examples of this; listening to your earliest episodes together, you were both still finding your way.  Now after time the both of you have an incredible rhythm and come across as such a kickass team doing your thing :-).

So glad to be a part of this community since 2008 and the Sam / Matty days!!!
No offense taken, thanks for the kind words and for continuing to listen and participate!
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Bubus_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
I've read his books but never heard Chuck speak before. I was blown away. Articulate, insightful, and what stood out most to me - diplomatic. When Josh brought up John Wayne, I felt like Chuck wasn't on board but instead of disagreeing he talked about how the pendulum on Wayne would have to swing. And that was such an artful way of providing a counterpoint and contributing at the same time. Based upon hearing him here I checked out the Marc Maron interview too and again, Chuck was amazing. He was on a different level than Maron most of the conversation. Marc would talk about the vapidity of Kim Kardashian and  Chuck  would throw out why she's worth thinking about for example.  Would love to hear Chuck on Filmspotting again!
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need...roads.