love

Author Topic: Washington DC / MD / VA  (Read 2463 times)

DarkCrystal

Washington DC / MD / VA
« on: September 04, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
Hey Filmspotting East,

Back on message boards for first time in 1-2 years.  Curious if there are any other Wash DC area folks on here? 

Samwambam

Re: Washington DC / MD / VA
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
Hey there!

I'm brand new to the forum and pretty new to the podcast, but I am in the Baltimore area. I resorted to posting a craigslist ad a couple weeks ago asking if anyone would be interested in forming a film group or club. Mostly crickets  :-\ I moved away for 10 years and when I came back, my fellow film nerds had dispersed across the country.

DarkCrystal

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »
Hey Samwambam,

I live in Silver Spring, so just north of Wash DC and real close to Baltimore.  There's a LOT of Filmspotting listeners in this area, as the affectionate "Filmspotting East" title has been given to the Arlington/DC area, but somehow things never seem to coalesce into an actual meetup, as far as I know at least.

Let's stay in touch and see if we can drum up some support and see if others trickle into this thread.  Would be great to get a group of 10-15 to hangout some night.

Slacker

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
Hello Hello, I'm from Silver Spring and interested in a film club! 

DarkCrystal

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
Hello Hello, I'm from Silver Spring and interested in a film club!

Hey Slacker,

Glad to hear there's a fellow Silver Spring filmspotter!  Do you know anyone else in our area?  I know there's a bunch from Damascus and Olney.

dh374

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »
DC resident here. I'm kinda jealous of you Silver Spring folks for having the AFI theater and cheaper rent.

Slacker

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
DarkCrystal,

yeah sorry totally forgot I actually posted in this thread, heh.

but no I don't know any Filmspotting fans around here at all.  I only just discovered this podcast a few months ago.

Slacker

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »
DC resident here. I'm kinda jealous of you Silver Spring folks for having the AFI theater and cheaper rent.
AFI is cool.  There are some good theaters in DC though, and they seem to be better at showing the limited release arthouse/independent type films.  AFI seems to be a little slow to get on board with those sort of films, but there are a lot of other reasons to see movies there.

lookoutbelow1321

• The Movie and the Score
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 08:13:38 AM »
Hey there, my name is Timmy and I am a brand-new resident to Rosslyn, Arlington. I am planning on attending the 5:20 screening of The Red Turtle at Landmark E-Street Cinema if anyone else wants to join.