Author Topic: Have a seat! Where you from? What's your name? What do you do?  (Read 8691 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Have a seat! Where you from? What's your name? What do you do?
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »
I do need to post a newer photo of the beard, but the right moment hasn't struck yet. I'm not that photogenic.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »
You have a fine beard, Sam.  Quite full.  I have a kind of wirey-Santa-hobo beard.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2016, 12:58:15 AM »
I eat carrots and sweet potatoes every day. That's my secret.

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2018, 01:35:21 AM »
Future Occupation: Cinema owner. Will try to learn how to run one first. Any tips?  ;D

It's all angry customers, projector issues, unreasonable demands from the film distributors, etc. That being said, I feel like I'm actually really close to having my own theater. It likely won't be in a super awesome area or a new theater or anything, no recliner seats, but I will run it.

(the cat is Jack. He is way cooler than me. He shares this apartment with 2 other cats and 3 dogs. The fiance and I are just allowed to cohabitate because we feed them.)

Name: Mike
Homestate: TX
Things I actually like doing: Being with my fiance, caring for animals, video games, movies when I have the time
Favorite food: Macaroni & Cheese
Favorite city: Minneapolis
Most famous person met: AJ Styles (WWE wrestler)
Best physical feature: Beard for days
Greatest accomplishment: Eh?
Filmspotters met: N/A
Favorite Conspiracy Theory: Aliens
Siblings: 3 Living, two brothers and a sister, all younger. All have kids. I also had an older sister who passed away young.
Favorite season: Winter. GIVE ME THE COLD.
Favorite drink: Margaritas all day
Response to "How are you?": "I'm here"
Favorite sports teams: New England Patriots (NFL), Texas Rangers (MLB), Texas Longhorns (NCAA)
Last book read: Probably "Seconds" by Bryan Lee O'Malley. Either way, it's been too long
Last book loved: "American Gods" by Neil Gaimain
Injuries sustained: Called in sick last Christmas eve because I threw out my back. I don't get injured real often.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »
Oooh, forgot all about this thread. I hope more participate. There are a couple of Filmspotters that I wish I had more of an idea of who they are as people. Boy, that's some terrible sentence structure. Anyway, here's my update with some more info:

Name: Martin
Family: wife Carrie, son William
Current pets: 3 cats, 1 dog
Favorite food: Fried chicken
Favorite drink: Grasshopper
Activities: TV/movies, reading, listening to podcasts, cooking, games and puzzles, obsessively building and organizing music collection
What are you listening to right now?: Depeche Mode singles box sets
Countries visited: Mexico, Belize, Colombia, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Aruba
Countries I'd most like to visit: Spain, Japan, Thailand, France, Italy, China
Most famous person met: I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but the most famous I can think of is Conor Oberst, when he was 13
Filmspotters met: none
Favorite season: Fall
Colleges attended: Earlham College, Columbia College Chicago, Temple University, Lake Forest College (B.A., Business), Portland Community College
Why the hell did you major in Business?: I was dumb
Are you still dumb?: Definitely yes

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »
Are all the hobbies recent additions? I cannot imagine watching and rewatching so many movies (back in your more prolific days) and still finding the time to do so much.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
It can of bothers me that there isn't an official, set, finite list of questions.

Name: It is generally accepted that my parents got it wrong and should have named me Sheldon
Nationality: According to everyone I meet, always, English
What Celebrity do You Look Like Since You Don't Post Photos?: Benedict Cumberbatch meets Nick Cave, I'm told
University Education: Nothing useful
Job: Chief Smartass Officer at Nonsense, Inc.
Side Hustles: Professional Complainer, Part-Time Awkward Flirter, Pedant Extraordinaire
Girlfriend?: Yes, but she goes to another school
Filmspotters Met: jdc
Favourite City: Paris (2nd place - Florence)
Favourite Language: English
Favourite Hobbies/Activities: reading, movie/TV-watching (duh), puzzles, podcast-listening, cooking, baking, travelling, gaming (although I've pretty much given it up), brunching, going to the pub/bar, making fun of the French
Favourite Food: no idea
Favourite Drink: wine, cognac, martinis, Scottish peated whisky, the tears of my enemies, something without alcohol in it, I'm sure, but I cannot think of anything
Favourite Fiction Books: Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Os Maias, The Name of the Wind, Notre-Dame de Paris, anything Jeeves, The October Horse
Favourite Non-Fiction Books: Rubicon, Guns, Germs and Steel, Conquerors
Favourite Music: Bach, Mozart, Jack White, Queen, Pink Floyd, Mumford Sons, The Black Keys
Favourite Games: Total War Series, Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series, Supreme Commander,
Favourite Places in a City: bookshops, quiet parks, nice cafés
Most Attractive Physical Feature: There's one Chinese girl who loves my eyebrows
How Sarcastic Are You?: What's sarcasm?
Response to "How you doin'?": Joey doesn't share food!

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »
Are all the hobbies recent additions? I cannot imagine watching and rewatching so many movies (back in your more prolific days) and still finding the time to do so much.

Cooking came along in the past few years. Otherwise, no. Before I got into movies, music was my main obsession. Recently I'm getting back into music in a big way. Lately I'm on a big dub binge. I went through big videogaming and reading phases in my younger days, now I don't make much time for either though I still enjoy both. These days most of my leisure time (what little there is of it) is spent on TV.

You were the one I was hoping would respond to this. Although I wish you didn't have so many joke answers, it's nice to know a little bit more about DH, the human being. Pink Floyd was my first obsession. I even saw them twice (sadly, post-Waters).

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »
I think calling me a human being is rather cruel for human beings. And if there weren't joke answers I think people would get worried.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
How Sarcastic Are You?: What's sarcasm?

i lost
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman