love

Author Topic: Beavermoose's Semi-Great American Road Trip  (Read 3056 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
Re: Beavermoose's Semi-Great American Road Trip
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »
Let me know where you plan on being in Colorado, and I can come up with a few things for you to do.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »
Were you around when worm@work posted here?  She has a food cart in Seattle.  It's called Roll OK Please.  It would be a kick to drop past.  I hear she's highly successful at it.

Read this.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:10:13 PM by saltine »
Texan Down Under

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »
Columbus!

There a few cool things to see. The Ohio State University campus is cool to see, and Ohio Stadium if you like sports. If you want to check out a movie in a cool theater, either Gateway Film Center (which is very close to campus), or the Drexel Theatre.

Depending on when you're in, there may be some cool festival happening at the time, and there are also so decent museums. The art museum recently had a lush new wing built/opened, and then there is COSI, which is a cool interactive science space, although admittedly I haven't been in some time, but remember it being fun.

The Short North area of town is very cool as well. Plenty of boutique style shops and gastropubs/higher end restaurants

In terms of places to eat:
The Crest - My fiancee and I's favorite brunch spot
Schmidt's in German Village - Authentic German food (stay for dessert for the cream puffs)
Thurman Cafe - Home of the Thurman Burger
North Market - Public Market, I've heard Hot Chicken Takeover is phenomenal, but haven't been myself
Lola's - Gahanna Italian restuarant. My fiancee and I's favorite spot
Ringside Cafe - Best burger in town (or at least up there with Thurman)
Lindey's - Always hear about this place, but never been
Jeni's Ice Cream - best ice cream in town

I could go on and on with the places to eat...
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 04:30:35 PM »
You guys are awesome!  ;D
I'll take notes.  And I'll let you know when I have a better idea of when I'll be in your areas!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »
Gonna be at the Telluride Film Fest (and wandering the Nat'l parks in CO/UT for a couple days after) lemme know if you wanna meet up!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »
If you're passing through Kelowna at some point, coming or going, you're welcome to crash at my place. :)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »
Gonna be at the Telluride Film Fest (and wandering the Nat'l parks in CO/UT for a couple days after) lemme know if you wanna meet up!

Heh, didn't realize you weren't gonna be in CO til well after the fest! Found this place to stay in UT - just inside one of the enterance to Canyonlands - looks hilariously awesome so booked it for a night! https://airbnb.com/rooms/12454074?s=8&user_id=14762784&ref_device_id=ec049bec23bfcf668c0947eb34498c623fb4105d

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:09 PM »

Heh, didn't realize you weren't gonna be in CO til well after the fest! Found this place to stay in UT - just inside one of the enterance to Canyonlands - looks hilariously awesome so booked it for a night! https://airbnb.com/rooms/12454074?s=8&user_id=14762784&ref_device_id=ec049bec23bfcf668c0947eb34498c623fb4105d

I'll most likely be staying in Canyonlands for a night or two, I think the campgrounds are about 20$ a night. Tipi is a bit out of my price range.