Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 982 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
Re: Westworld
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 03:25:09 PM »
I enjoyed the finale too. Was it a surprise to anyone that William was The Man In Black? I feel like a lot of people figured it out only a couple episodes in.

It's a bummer that we'll probably have to wait 14+ months for the next season.

MattDrufke

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:24 AM »
I enjoyed the finale too. Was it a surprise to anyone that William was The Man In Black? I feel like a lot of people figured it out only a couple episodes in.

Sadly, I've read too many articles about the show that speculated that to be surprised.

The new theory being floated around is that Ford is still alive and that Delores merely killed a host of himself that he made.
@ihatemattdrufke

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »

Sadly, I've read too many articles about the show that speculated that to be surprised.

The new theory being floated around is that Ford is still alive and that Delores merely killed a host of himself that he made.

Same here. I do wonder if i would've come to the theory myself if it wasn't for the Decoding Westworld podcast.

I think that's a plausible theory. I don't think I'd like it though. If no one is actually dying then where's the stakes?

Also, was that Clem who fired the shot at the end?

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 07:56:12 AM »
That was one of the more chilling endings I've seen to a season in a while. The final image of Dolores and just the idea that all along Ford's utopia might be more of a dystopia (at least for the humans)... just give Anthony Hopkins all the monologues, I love how you see him go through the motions as he delivers them.

Also- Samurai World? Oh and there was a post-credits scene if anyone didn't watch all the way through and wants to go back.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

MattDrufke

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
Loved the post-credits sequence so effing much.
@ihatemattdrufke

dassix

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »

It was a surprise to me when it happened.   :(

However, I did watch the series hearing very little about it before.  The concept of the show allows for some great possibilities, I just don't know if it's for me.  I'll give season 2 a chance...