Author Topic: #609: Top 5 Childhood Movie Scares with Ti West / A Nightmare on Elm Street  (Read 637 times)

Hjsquared

Re: #609: Top 5 Childhood Movie Scares with Ti West / A Nightmare on Elm Street
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »
When I was a kid "The Wizard of Oz" would come on once a year around Easter. The flying monkey scene would send me hiding behind the couch, but I did peek out.

ejets

Dear Josh,
I am a new listener and have been playing catch up on your old episodes.  I had to write in when I heard this list (hopefully you see my post???).  I still have not seen Deerhunter because when I was a kid (probably like 8 yrs old) I happened upon my dad watching the Russian Roulette scene on tv. I only saw those few minutes of it but I still, almost 20 years later, remember it as so super scary and intense and confusing.  I am now still afraid to watch the whole movie, because that bit left such an unpleasant impression on me.  I wonder how many other kids got scarred by accidentally seeing this scene!

Josh

• Administrator
    • LarsenOnFilm
Dear Josh,
I am a new listener and have been playing catch up on your old episodes.  I had to write in when I heard this list (hopefully you see my post???).  I still have not seen Deerhunter because when I was a kid (probably like 8 yrs old) I happened upon my dad watching the Russian Roulette scene on tv.

No kidding! I think in general people were less hyper-vigilant about what kids were exposed to in those days. And if it was on TV, it was generally considered fine. I wonder if the TV version was edited or not ... though even a snippet of this scene would be disturbing.