Author Topic: Books Read in 2017  (Read 904 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Godfather
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Re: Books Read in 2017
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
Didn't care much for it.
Society is dumb. Art is everything. - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

aewade90

• Letterboxd:
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:58 AM »
I've just finished a re-re-re-read of Peter Biskind's duology of Easy Riders, Raging Bulls and Down and Dirty Pictures which are totally recommended to anyone with a passing interest in New Hollywood or 90's indie cinema. I think I take everything with a grain of salt, though, because while it's a great story I don't doubt that someone somewhere embellishes a little here, pomps up a bit there to make it a bit better.

Anyone know of any other similar books revolving around cinematic history that are worth checking out?

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 07:20:58 AM »
I've just finished a re-re-re-read of Peter Biskind's duology of Easy Riders, Raging Bulls and Down and Dirty Pictures which are totally recommended to anyone with a passing interest in New Hollywood or 90's indie cinema. I think I take everything with a grain of salt, though, because while it's a great story I don't doubt that someone somewhere embellishes a little here, pomps up a bit there to make it a bit better.

Anyone know of any other similar books revolving around cinematic history that are worth checking out?

I like this book but one thing that bugged me is Biskind's insistence on pointing out a physical just about any time he mentioned a woman.

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 07:22:16 AM »
Mark Harris's Pictures At A Revolution is really good.