Author Topic: What are you playing? - 2017 4K or Bust Edition  (Read 27511 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: What are you playing? - 2017 4K or Bust Edition
« Reply #260 on: September 03, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
Solved that Uncharted: TLL game tape. It was pretty awesome--I'd probably rank it amongst  the series as so:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

I'll probably dive back into it soon to gather up all those treasures, and to complete it on Crushing difficulty (which I've done in all Naughty Dog games).

I'm also SLOWLY making my way through Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. The combat in this game is boring and it drags out for way too long. That said, I am very interested in the story/character of Senua--I'm hoping I can muscle through this one before the bigger Fall releases come out and it gets lost in the shuffle.

I just found Luigi in M+R:KB and still really enjoying the tone/puzzle mechanics this game brings. It may be XCOM-lite, but that's not a bad thing (considering how much I was let down by XCOM 2).

Oh, and I'm still playing Rainbow Six: Siege like every day. This is probably the most time I've put into any game... ever?

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »
Destiny 2 is super fun. Have to remind myself sometimes that I don't have to do every public event. Got my first blue auto rifle and a (story given) set of yellow gauntlets that charge up a shield on melee, which I do a lot. Maybe too much.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
I'm still on the fence about Destiny 2 and right now if I get it, I'll probably get it on PC.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
I'm not getting it. I always am enticed by MMO-likes, but always feel duped after I find myself farming bullet sponge enemies for engrams/loot. It's just not for me.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »
Unless I can get it super cheap, I am probably passing as well. Interested to try it out, but seems like more of the first one from what I've seen, and I already don't tend to like Bungie's shooters.

Played through the first episode of the new LiS, and despite it reviewing well I'm not feeling it, certainly not like the base game. Chloe seems so obsessed with Max, and that really puts me off, plus taking out the time mechanic makes it feel like a TellTale-lite game. The characters are still strong, but you're just interacting with them in bitesized bits, and I really don't like Chloe or Rachel Amber all that much. I bought the season pass/game the first day I could pre-order it on PSN, but I'm hesitant. The replacement system for the time mechanic, one where you have to listen to people's words and way of speaking and argue/insult them to get a desired result, is really cool, but I'm only using it in situations where the conflict seems non-essential. That said, the fake D&D game where they have you do it is a super fantastic sequence. We'll see how it goes.

Solid Blake

• Godfather

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
I don't really understand the complaints about Destiny as a loot game. Destiny is a first person shooter with loot elements. It's a super good fps. Shooting, the thing you do most in the game, feels really great. Seems like everybody ignores that to complain about loot systems.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
I don't really understand the complaints about Destiny as a loot game. Destiny is a first person shooter with loot elements. It's a super good fps. Shooting, the thing you do most in the game, feels really great. Seems like everybody ignores that to complain about loot systems.

It's just those games are so light in content, and they're basically just generic Halo levels meant to be played over and over and over again. I got burnt out by Destiny after 30 hours with the game--which makes sense, because that's how much I can see myself playing a single player shooter campaign for. I swear this game only succeeds due to the social aspects it brings, friends just use it as lobby to chat, a lobby in which you can shoot stuff. Again, not saying it's a bad thing--it's just not for me.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2017, 01:47:49 PM »
Destiny 2 Has a Microtransaction Problem

I'm getting sick of this behavior and this makes me really not want to play this game. Plus, I've been complaining about this stuff with some PS4 friends and I'm pretty sure they're pissed at me for criticizing the game so much so they're coordinating playing elsewhere.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
I bought Destiny 2.