Author Topic: What are you playing? - 2017 4K or Bust Edition  (Read 27484 times)

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
Re: What are you playing? - 2017 4K or Bust Edition
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »
Currently playing Fallout New Vegas, but I also got MGSV: Phantom Pain for Christmas, and then bought "The Legacy Collection" so I'll probably start replaying that series from the beginning to hold myself over until Andromeda is released.

I also got a new laptop and took advantage of the Steam sale, so I played Life is Strange on my holiday, and have Grim Fandango, Myst, and Riven in the library.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »
Prey is the only one on that list I'm curious about. Maybe Resident Evil VII if it ends up being good.

My list of anticipated 2017 games in no particular order:

Prey
Divinity: Original Sin II
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Detroit: Become Human
Vampyr
What Remains of Edith Finch
Overland
Prey for the Gods
Pyre
Rain World
Tacoma
Strafe
Star Citizen (lol)
Dreadnought
Oxygen Not Included
Sea of Thieves
Full Throttle Remastered
Outcast - Second Contact
Absolver
Nidhogg II
Yooka-Laylee
Sonic Mania
Torment: Tides Of Numenera
Subnautica

I'll make a list soon, but no P5???

I am interested in RE, especially because of the VR component, but I know I won't be able to handle it. Couldn't even get through the demo in non-VR. That day I'm picking up Yakuza 0 and finally diving in to that world.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 06:36:28 PM »
Been playing The Witness, which is maybe the best looking game I've ever played. Did the first laser thing pretty easily, now working on the one with the tree shadows. Walked around the town for 20 minutes before deciding I was too dumb for that area at the moment. I'm not usually super into puzzle games, but this is really working for me.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
Currently playing Fallout New Vegas, but I also got MGSV: Phantom Pain for Christmas, and then bought "The Legacy Collection" so I'll probably start replaying that series from the beginning to hold myself over until Andromeda is released.

I also got a new laptop and took advantage of the Steam sale, so I played Life is Strange on my holiday, and have Grim Fandango, Myst, and Riven in the library.
New Vegas is quality stuff. MGS series is quite the treat. I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to replay the first three again sometime this year.

I'll make a list soon, but no P5???
Too effin' long, bro. I could play half of the games on my list in the same amount of time.

Been playing The Witness, which is maybe the best looking game I've ever played. Did the first laser thing pretty easily, now working on the one with the tree shadows. Walked around the town for 20 minutes before deciding I was too dumb for that area at the moment. I'm not usually super into puzzle games, but this is really working for me.
I like what The Witness tries to be, but it just proved too cryptic too many times for me. Obduction was a much more fair endeavor with some fun, mind-bending puzzles.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »

Woohoo!

It's not about being dumb, just ignorant. :) Hope you continue to enjoy it, there's a lot of rewarding stuff in there if you can stick with it.

shuabert

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »
Currently playing Fallout New Vegas...
New Vegas is quality stuff.

Yeah, I've been woefully ignorant of Bethesda until last year when everyone lost it over Fallout 4. I still haven't played Skyrim, but since my brother told me last week it's "basically Fallout in a fantasy setting" I feel like I kind of have to play it now.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
Well, New Vegas is made by RPG veterans Obsidian, Bethesda just published it. Bethesda studios made Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

And the first two Fallouts are old-school isometric games. When Fallout 3 came out, everyone described it as Oblivion with guns.

I hear Skyrim is better than Oblivion, but I just can't convince myself to get into another open world RPG that's going to take up so much of my time.

shuabert

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 10:08:40 PM »
Well, New Vegas is made by RPG veterans Obsidian, Bethesda just published it. Bethesda studios made Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

That's interesting. It feel so similar to Fallout 3.

Like I said...woefully ignorant.  ;D

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 10:12:39 PM »
It's all good. I'm just helping you on your way to alleviate that.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Tried out the new "Oasis" map in Overwatch and man, this game just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see what this game looks/plays like in a year.

love