Author Topic: Respond to the last movie you watched  (Read 684302 times)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
Re: Respond to the last movie you watched
« Reply #3820 on: October 17, 2019, 07:39:42 AM »
The first was also bucket loads. Seeing this one makes me want to go back and watch the first again. And it is on Netflix at the moment, so might try for this weekend to watch it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3821 on: October 17, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
Does Zoey Deutch continue to be a delight?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3822 on: October 17, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »
I believe that is a compliment from you, though it wouldn't be from me. Needed more sneaking around under a box.

I was pretty lukewarm on it, aside from partially appreciating the HFR most of the time along with the 3-D. And how it did seem to echo MGS in some of the late game plot, minus nanomachines. Could definitely have used more box sneaking and general Kojima-ness. But it had the same vibes at times.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3823 on: October 25, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
The Laundromat

Adam McKay: "No one will make a worse Adam McKay film than Vice."

Steven Soderbergh: "Hold my beer!"

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #3824 on: October 27, 2019, 01:13:57 AM »
Dolemite is My Name
★ ★ ★ - Very Good

Maybe my mind is malnourished from too many horror movies, but this made me very happy. A joyful experience peppered with scenes and moments that give unexpected poignancy to all the raunchy goofiness. When they write the book on Eddie Murphy, this will be noted as one of his key performances.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3825 on: October 27, 2019, 03:22:50 AM »
I saw the trailer for Dolemite is My Name and it peaked my interest as I have just in the last monthish watched Dolemite (which is a bad film). Your rating and review increases the interest.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #3826 on: October 27, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
The Laundromat

Adam McKay: "No one will make a worse Adam McKay film than Vice."

Steven Soderbergh: "Hold my beer!"

Soderbergh tries to make a version of The Big Short with an amazing cast.  Yet everything about the film was dull.  Not sure how he did that.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #3827 on: October 28, 2019, 12:21:01 AM »
Looks like a big important story overshadowed by larger-than-life characters and zany non-sense.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #3828 on: October 28, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »
Some rewatches and a new doc:

Burn After Reading (2008)
I like this more with every viewing. Just so funny. The performances are incredible.

Ocean's 12 (2004)
I'd only seen this when it came out and at the time I was really underwhelmed. I thought the heist was filled with cheats and cop-outs, which it is, but this time I was able to just enjoy the fun, humor, and style, of which there is plenty.

Echo in the Canyon (2019)
30% interviews with remarkable musicians living and making music in Los Angeles in the 60's. 70% Jacob Dylan being the most boring person on the planet and bland performances of great songs. The blankness of Dylan's face is truly remarkable. He's present during every interview and the cutaways to his stone face become downright hilarious. If you already have an interest in the music of the time I doubt there's anything new here for you. Lame.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3829 on: October 29, 2019, 05:41:08 AM »
Twisted Pair (2018 Neil Breen)

My mind is kind of foggy after watching Neil Breen's latest cinematic offering. I will just have to use some of the review's from IMDB:

Neil Breen is easily the greatest film-maker out there today and possibly of all time. This film is a work of art in every category. If this film doesn't get nominated in every category at the Oscars I will be shocked...shocked! I tell you. I wish I could give it more than a 10/10 as that is what this masterpiece truly deserves.

This move is completely Breenius. All hail our new God-king, Neil Breen

This cinematic venture expertly navigates a selection of meaningful themes. In particular, the duality of man, signified by the twin brothers, shows the contrast of both everything, and nothing. I would congratulate Mr Breen in undertaking this endeavour. Only he could so tactfully explore such themes.

Where do I begin with this... film? What the hell did I watch? This movie is just... *what*? Even though I've seen it, I don't think I can tell you what it's about. Well, OK, it's about a man who has a twin brother and they're both played by Neil Breen. One of them has a fake beard and a fake moustache. I think he's a... drug addict? The other brother... works for the government? And I think he's in love with... a woman he's related to? Yeah, I don't know. There are three or four men who are kidnapped by one of the brothers and they're tortured. Why? Because they're... corrupt businessmen or politicians? There's a man who talks with a deep modified voice, like someone being interviewed on camera who's identity is being protected. Why the hell is that guy talking like that? I think he's intended to be evil because... actually, I don't think I can explain.

Yes this is a film that is true Breen.

Rating unable

I have tears in my eyes thinking about this film