1. I am becoming a different person. I suppose we all are every year, but this year I have been forcing the changes. And I realize that I am so much my habits that I don't know who I am, or if I am really someone other than my habits. There's a lot involved, but it has something to do with this forum and my movie-watching. I am dependent on both, and I can't tell now if that's a good thing or not. All I know is that I am a better person, a wiser person and a more knowledgeable person because of this forum. I don't know if my relationship with movies makes me a better person or is just a crutch for me to lean on in hard times (like the last 10 years). I guess I will find out.
2. I am drawn to current films, like in the last ten years. These films are not better than older films, but I am more likely to watch them because they aren't as much hard work.
3. One of my favorite category of film is what I call "poetic film"
or movies that are meditative or literary. While I can't watch them all the time, I like where my mind goes when I watch them. They make me think more healthy thoughts. I might seek out more film like this.
4. I'm starting to tire of movie franchises, but I'm more enthusiastic about mini-series', or tv series with a single season that have a conclusion. They often act like long films, and this kind of storytelling intrigues me.
5. I am having a hard time telling the difference between TV and movies. I have always watched my movies or shows primarily on a laptop, so it doesn't usually make much difference to me whether a show got shown in a theatre or not. And since some movies can be just as long as a single season of television, or be episodic, I am often confused why we make a distinction.