Author Topic: #620: 2017 Movie Preview / Oscar Talk / Bunuel #4 - Diary of a Chambermaid  (Read 929 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!

The short version of Filmspotting's 2017 Movie Preview is easy: it starts with "Last" and ends with "Jedi." For a longer take, listen to this week's show, as Adam and Josh pose their top 5 questions about the new movie year. Plus, a little Oscar talk and Josh's recap of his time at the Sundance Film Festival.

Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: #620: 2017 Movie Preview / Oscar Talk / Bunuel #4 - Diary of a Chambermaid
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »
So glad there was talk of Raw! Saw it as at PFF earlier this year and it's just so visually striking. They did mention that the TIFF debut (or maybe not TIFF, somewhere that I don't think was Cannes) in the intro about how a bunch of people fainted during it, but it never got too bad for me. There are some scenes that get gory, but hardly even on the most intense scale of what other films bring. I'm not sure. I guess the majority of Antichrist didn't get to me either (aside from two scenes that I couldn't watch), but either way I didn't have trouble with this one. There's a lot of artistry on display, and well worth seeking out.

peterb

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:52:42 AM »
Long-time listener and love the show but moved, listening to the latest episode, to finally join the forum to be a typically English pedant: Naomie Harris is not "African-American". She's not American at all (not that I've got anything against Americans). She's British! Cheers,

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »
Long-time listener and love the show but moved, listening to the latest episode, to finally join the forum to be a typically English pedant: Naomie Harris is not "African-American". She's not American at all (not that I've got anything against Americans). She's British! Cheers,
You are 100% right.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)