Author Topic: MLB 2017  (Read 3335 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: MLB 2017
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Game respect game.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

MattDrufke

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 08:53:48 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't try to fight him or criticize him being you are a Cubs fan

My dad was a diehard White Sox fan. This is probably why I did not trip him on the way off the plane.
@ihatemattdrufke

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 03:12:56 PM »
Lol
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
Nice to see Amir Garrett toss a nice big league start, he's been in my watch list awhile now. Been waiting to see if those young farm arms were worth anything. Glasnow tonight for the Bucs, been waiting on him too. Gsellman (Mets)looked alright, but not sure if he really has big league stuff. Wonder how the Tigers Fulmer will do in season 2?
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

MattDrufke

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
Ummmm.....

Aaron Friggin' Judge, you guys.
@ihatemattdrufke

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »
Lol yeah hes been fantasy gold for me in my money leagues. So, big and he's gotten really disciplined at the plate, that and I feel like the pitching is already showing him respect. Even today the shift didn't work, just unbelievable stuff. How about Thames too, fresh outta the KBO and lighting it up. Zimmerman having a career resurgence as well.  I have a few Reds on my squad this year and I know there's a few Cincy fans around here. The Cubs have had a quiet start, good matchup tonight against the Cubs. Bennintendi too has been fun to watch so far.

MattDrufke

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
I love April baseball. It can be so hard to tell the difference between false hope and the real deal.

Take the Chicago White Sox, for example. Traded their best pitcher and their best power hitter didn't hit his first HR until yesterday. But here they are, in first place in a pretty ok AL Central.
@ihatemattdrufke

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »
Isn't the Central always the most wide open though? I feel like anybody can come out of there, Tribe, Tigers, Royals, two of those relatively recent World Series appearances.  Unlike the East where the brutality usually yields a Red Sox or Yankee team, the Central is like a spin on a slot machine.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
And how about Anthony Rendon! Lol, that has to be some kind of record for the Nationals and all the runs they scored over the weekend.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »
I finally had a good week of fantasy baseball! 3-0 in my leagues this past week. It helped that I have Rendon in my NL only league. I made it out to the Columbus Clippers v. Charlotte Knights game yesterday afternoon (my first game of the season) to check out Yoan Moncada, who I've stashed on my AL only team. Can't wait for him to get the call up. I'll deal with the high K rate for all the hits and RBIs he'll provide for me on the White Sox.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."