love

Author Topic: #618: Paterson / Fences / Top 5 Denzel Performances (Revisited)  (Read 782 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
#618: Paterson / Fences / Top 5 Denzel Performances (Revisited)
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »

The Filmspotting New Year's 'Fix' show has featured some memorable battles over the years ("Wolf of Wall Street" v "American Hustle" in 2015; "Hateful 8" v "The Revenant" in 2016), but the 2017 edition is a friendlier affair, with positive reviews of recent releases from Jim Jarmusch ("Paterson") and Denzel Washington ("Fences"). Plus, we revisit of one of the highlights of 2016 - comedian/activist W. Kamau Bell's Top 5 Denzel Washinton Performances.

Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

DarkCrystal

Re: #618: Paterson / Fences / Top 5 Denzel Performances (Revisited)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »
Wow, surprised this thread has no comments, I found this to be a particularly beautiful episode.  I LOVE when Adam/Josh give two full length reviews of indie movies in one episode, wish it would happen more often.

Question about music 52:50 - 53:40 - I've seen Strangers in Paradise before, but certainly did not remember the soundtrack.  This is a DEEP cut, found it to be very beautiful, a bit similar to Waking Life kind of score. 

I have no idea if Sam, Adam or Josh selected this, but was surprised anyone has a score to JJarmusche debut movie.