The scond half of FMJ, much like the second half of WALL-E, is unjustly undervalued, and just as good if not better as the first part.
As for my list :
1. Hotaru no haka / Grave of the Fireflies (Isao Takahata, 1988)
2. Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009)
3. The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (Emeric Pressburger & Michael Powell, 1943)
4. Idi i smotri / Come and See (Elem Klimov, 1985)
5. L'armée des ombres / Army of Shadows (Jean-Pierre Melville, 1969)
Honorable mention to The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I couldn't justify putting on there because not only is the war peripheral, it's also a fictional war that's just heavily coded as WWII.