love

Author Topic: Filmspotting Fans - London Meetup (and surrounding area)  (Read 2092 times)

SG@SuperStereoWorld

Filmspotting Fans - London Meetup (and surrounding area)
« on: March 21, 2017, 06:21:27 AM »
Hi all! :)

I've been a listener of the show since Summer 2015 and since then, I've heard a lot about Filmspotting Meetups. However, being a resident of London (England) has it's drawbacks, as I haven't been able to get involved at all - mainly because they're all taking place in America! Haha

But a couple of episodes ago, Josh Larsen mentioned that he and his family were travelling to London for their vacation. And then it kinda hit me: surely there are other listeners out there in the UK, besides me? So it spurred me on take the plunge and utilise this forum - even if I am kinda lost on here! So if there are any London/UK listeners out there who would like to meet up, feel free to comment. Essentially, I'd love to meet up with a group of other local film fans, so we can share our knowledge, recommend new films... etc. I'm open to meeting at a coffee shop, grabbing some food, or even see a movie.

Thanks everyone!

PS. Maybe Mr. Larsen could get involved with this, if something is decided in time for his vacation?
PPS. Feel free to interact with me, over at Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/scottlovesPTA/

With fronds like these...

• I'm on Twitter...
Re: Filmspotting Fans - London Meetup (and surrounding area)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:27:22 AM »
Hey SG...

I'm not based in London but I go there for work at least once a fortnight, often once a week. A few years ago when Matty Ballgame (previous co-host before Josh) visited the UK, he organised a meet-up in Windsor and about 6 FS people turned up (on a Sunday evening!)... I think we could do better in Central London. Adam has talked about a Tufnell Park FS film club before - maybe you could find those guys on the forum somewhere?

I'd definitely be up for a meet with Josh if his schedule and family allow it!

Chris

timothyeraw

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »
Would be up for this. 38mins outside of LDN (on the fast train) I even have my own home movie theater, with vintage, 1930s cinema seats, giant screen and 7.1 surround. Would love to host... though I guess we gotta make the LDN thing happen first.

NigelSmith

• Tufnell Park Film Club
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:26:17 AM »
Hello

The London Meetup is afoot! It will take place at the BFI Southbank on Monday 12 June at 8pm.

I will try to reserve a table in one of the bars and post more details.

Adam has started a pinned thread here which I suggest we try to keep all of the meetup chat in:

http://forum.filmspotting.net/index.php?topic=14435.0

See you all next month!

Nigel

Reesiepie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 03:31:35 PM »
Thanks for organising Nige - I live in Manchester but will coincidentally be staying in London that evening due to work commitments, so would love to join in!  Bear with me, am new to the forum - am more of a tweeter :-)