Author Topic: #627: Top 5 Kristen Stewart Scenes / FS Madness / Varda #3  (Read 838 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
#627: Top 5 Kristen Stewart Scenes / FS Madness / Varda #3
« on: March 24, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »

Kristen Stewart went from child actress to reticent star of the hugely successful TWILIGHT series to… well, we’ll see. But with strong work in a couple of notable indies and European films recently, her cult of fans is expanding. With Stewart's latest collaboration with Oliver Assayas (PERSONAL SHOPPER) now in limited release, Adam and Josh devote this week’s Top 5 to a few of the actress's best moments on screen, plus a conversation with director Stephen Cone about his powerful response to SHOPPER. Plus, Filmspotting Madness Sweet Sixteen results, your Elite 8 matchups, and the Agnes Varda's ONE SINGS, THE OTHER DOESN'T (1977).

Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
Re: #627: Top 5 Kristen Stewart Scenes / FS Madness / Varda #3
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
I really enjoyed her in CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA, there is an unexpected turn and the meta-nature of the a play within a film, of lines being read that are rehearsal and life are as intriguing as confusing. Juliette Binoche is also quite wonderful.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:00 AM »
I am the hipster Kristen Stewart fan.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »
I've always liked her. Think I first saw her in Into the Wild.

CriticalMovieCritic

• I love my mother.
    • The Critical Movie Critics
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
I think she is either miscast a lot or she has the attention span of a goldfish and loses interest in what she is doing midway through.
Yeah I review movies too - thecriticalcritics.com