Author Topic: Top 5 You-est Movies  (Read 62 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Godfather
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Top 5 You-est Movies
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:01:51 AM »
There are movies that speak to us on a personal level. No movie can perfectly capture, in its movie-ish kind of way, who we are, because we are complex, infinitely ungraspable human beings and all that, but mostly because we will never admit to our secret gummy bear foot fetish. Some of them however, manage to pretty much nail some aspects of our personality. They speak to the things we like, the people we are, they check all the right boxes, or at least a good deal of them. It's when that preferred-genre film happens to have just the perfect amount of eco-friendly message and juicy woodwork nerdiness. There are movies that are perfect encapsulations of our sense of humour or our deep-rooted faith in humanity. I assume all lawyers relate on a profound spiritual level to Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate and regular people similarly recognise themselves in other characters. You could phrase this as movies that are your spiritual animal, whatever that means. I don't know, I am told mine is an aardvark on Quaaludes.

What are the top five you-est movies you've ever watched (and why while we're at it) ?

#aardvarksunite
Society is dumb. Art is everything. - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

love