Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 45620 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: Netflix
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2017, 01:15:48 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that Netflix is rather garbage now? It's fine for TV, but the movie collection is abysmal now. Find myself watching Amazon Prime video and stuff from the library more than Netflix. Only reason I still use Netflix is because I mooch off my parents. No way I'd pay for the service myself.

As someone who regularly switches between American and Australian netflix i have found that the American selection of movies suck big time. They are good for tv though.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2017, 11:52:19 PM »
At this point I think Netflix needs to be evaluated by HBO criteria. You wouldn't generally rate HBO based on which non-HBO films it grabs for a few months, you rate it based on its original shows and films. Netflix is now very much carving out that space. So the question is, if I had to pick one, would I go with HBOGO or Netflix. The answer for me would be, without hesitation, Netflix.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
That's tough, because I think that I would agree because of the sheer amount of stuff on Netflix, but I think the quality of HBO's original programming is far superior. The thing is with films HBO gets bigger ones, but generally blockbusters, while there's still a higher chance that smaller things would show up on Netflix, which makes that more appealing.

Though I watched War Dogs on HBOGo the other night. It was cool to catch up on something I would never see in a theater, but was curious about because of Teller and Hill.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #393 on: July 04, 2017, 01:25:51 AM »
Where the CINECAST! is the Okja talk???

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #394 on: July 04, 2017, 02:19:01 AM »
It starts here.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #395 on: July 04, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
It made me break a promise I made to myself this year.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
To only eat pork?
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
To stop watching terrible movies out of some vague sense of obligation.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
I never felt that obligation.  I have an interest in it due to the director but not very strong after the trailer. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love