love

Author Topic: Top Five Outlandish Movies  (Read 2782 times)

valmz

Re: Top Five Outlandish Movies
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 01:54:13 AM »
I'm assuming that the end of the title is something like, "...that you actually enjoyed." I enjoyed all but the last one, but I can't escape it, so c'est la vie.

1. Prospero's Books - No conception of a reality, but: Opera, fictional objects, Shakespeare, ballet, a small child peeing on a model boat standing in for a tempest...
2. Songs from the Second Floor - A semblence of a reality, but not one worth living: Moribund ghosts, platoons of self-flagellating suited individuals, silent opera, insurmountable everything
3. The Hour-Glass Sanatorium - The details are escaping me... let's just say they're all made up
4. Mournful Unconcern - A Brechtian party for the ages!
5. Election Day 2016 - Donald Trump was elected President of the United States of America

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:06 AM »
My biggest problem with your last pick is Donald Trump is not a movie star. He's a reality TV celebrity and will never be anything more than that.

The Hour-Glass Sanatorium is a good pick except I didn't enjoy that one. Reminds me that I should have considered El Topo, which is More outrageous than my picks, but not quite as good a movie.

valmz

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 10:06:46 PM »
My biggest problem with your last pick is Donald Trump is not a movie star. He's a reality TV celebrity and will never be anything more than that.

The Hour-Glass Sanatorium is a good pick except I didn't enjoy that one. Reminds me that I should have considered El Topo, which is More outrageous than my picks, but not quite as good a movie.
He's The Room of Presidents, so I'm qualifying him.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 04:04:18 AM »
Trump can be a movie, but not a good one, like Hillary's America, a pile of deluded garbage that makes no money and sends its director to prison.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
1. Outland

My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

oldkid