Author Topic: #638: Wonder Woman / Top 5 Movie Religious Experiences / Trey Shults  (Read 1044 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!

As the first superhero movie directed by and starring a woman, WONDER WOMAN went into its opening weekend with more baggage than its male-centric peers. It came out of the weekend with critical raves and record box office - and at least one member of the Larsen household practicing Diana-inspired high-kicks. On this week's show, Adam and Josh - bound by the Lasso of Hestia - share their takes, then confess their Top 5 Movie Religious Experiences. Plus, Adam's conversation with "Krisha" director Trey Shults, whose new film "It Comes At Night" opens this weekend.

Listen here.
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

wolf

Re: #638: Wonder Woman / Top 5 Movie Religious Experiences / Trey Shults
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
That Arrival voicemail seemed like a pretty big spoiler. 

Knowing that the story is about the non-linear nature of time really makes it a lot easier to figure out what is going on before that idea is slowly unraveled during the movie. 

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »
That Arrival voicemail seemed like a pretty big spoiler. 

Knowing that the story is about the non-linear nature of time really makes it a lot easier to figure out what is going on before that idea is slowly unraveled during the movie. 
Well, no angry responses yet.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:39:03 AM »
Oh, I've seen an early copy a the petition floating around.  ;-)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
Looking forward to reading Josh's book. Also, seriously, watch Ordet. I'll even send you my copy, that's how much I want you to see it.