Author Topic: (American) Football  (Read 19565 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Football
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
30 week time out, coming right up. :) I'm glad this marathon is into the 80's. I think it will only get better from here.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 05:49:22 AM »
I agree, I think there will be a few good entries in the 90s. I've always been curious about The Program.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 10:08:06 AM »
The Program is the first movie set I ever worked on. So, I might have some stories.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 10:49:01 AM »

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »
Hoping to resume this one some time mid or late August as training camps, etc. start rolling. Hard to believe football season is right around the corner!

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2018, 11:03:56 AM »
If by "right around the corner", you mean "right now more than at any time in the next four years", then sure.

:P
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2018, 03:24:23 PM »
Just did a whirlwind catch up of your reviews so far.  Fun marathon!  I don't have anything to add yet, but I'll be looking forward to the rest!

Do you have Two For the Money on there?  It's my 2nd favorite football related film next to Jerry McGuire.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
Do you have Two For the Money on there?  It's my 2nd favorite football related film next to Jerry McGuire.

I didn't have Two for the Money included. Having not seen it, I wasn't sure whether it qualified since it was sports betting and not sports playing (as far as I could tell). I waffled on whether to include Jerry Maguire to begin with since its similarly sports agent-ing and less sports playing.

I will say, I have a Gambling marathon in the works that does for sure have Two for the Money included. So for that reason, I think I'll reserve it for that one, otherwise I would include it here at your recommendation. (Just have to finish a few other projects first before I can become a degenerate gambler movie watcher :P)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »

I didn't have Two for the Money included. Having not seen it, I wasn't sure whether it qualified since it was sports betting and not sports playing (as far as I could tell). I waffled on whether to include Jerry Maguire to begin with since its similarly sports agent-ing and less sports playing.

I will say, I have a Gambling marathon in the works that does for sure have Two for the Money included. So for that reason, I think I'll reserve it for that one, otherwise I would include it here at your recommendation. (Just have to finish a few other projects first before I can become a degenerate gambler movie watcher :P)

Oh...yes...it fits better in the Gambling Marathon (but here it would have a lot stiffer competition for quality I think)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
Re: (American) Football
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2018, 11:40:32 AM »
Training camps are starting up and the first preseason game is next week. So the plan right now is to jump back into this in the beginning of August. I'll keep up with my Westerns throughout this too, probably a 2 to 1 ratio of Football to Westerns through the end of the year and into Jan/Feb. Really hoping I can finish out Football this year, but end of the year 2018 movies may make that difficult. We shall see!