Author Topic: Hold On To Your Butts: Junior Watches All the Things  (Read 768 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Hold On To Your Butts: Junior Watches All the Things
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 08:26:53 AM »
It is on the long side, but I never really felt it. It moves along pretty nicely.
Check out my blog of many topics

Im not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
Fontaine is really what makes Rebecca work, because Olivier's character is really hard to like, but she plays that innocence so well, it's impossible not to empathize with her. And yeah, Sanders is tons of fun in that last act, as always.

DarkeningHumour

• Godfather
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »
Honestly, reminding me that Sanders is in that movie accounts for 50% of why I want to rewatch it.
Society is dumb. Art is everything. - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »
Wonderful review, Junior. I only saw Rebecca a year ago, so also waited a long time to finally get to it. Love the Gothic meets Hitchcock atmosphere.

Also, I was late to the Respond thread, but wanted to add my voice to the others saying how much I enjoyed what you wrote about Call Me by Your Name and how it made you reflect on your own life. Your candor is inspiring. Here's to self discovery! :)
"Inside you there's a strength that lies."

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »
Fontaine is really what makes Rebecca work, because Olivier's character is really hard to like, but she plays that innocence so well, it's impossible not to empathize with her. And yeah, Sanders is tons of fun in that last act, as always.

I think that's about right. I liked seeing how Olivier played the role, but he's not exactly a great guy. Understandable, but not great.

Wonderful review, Junior. I only saw Rebecca a year ago, so also waited a long time to finally get to it. Love the Gothic meets Hitchcock atmosphere.

Also, I was late to the Respond thread, but wanted to add my voice to the others saying how much I enjoyed what you wrote about Call Me by Your Name and how it made you reflect on your own life. Your candor is inspiring. Here's to self discovery! :)

The gothic thing was so much fun. I wish I watched this when I was back at Lehigh and could talk to some of my gothic lit friends about it.

And thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Check out my blog of many topics

Im not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!