love

Author Topic: #647: Blade Runner / Top 5 Films of 1982  (Read 969 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
#647: Blade Runner / Top 5 Films of 1982
« on: September 23, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »
Attack ships on fire, glittering c-beams, an alien in a bike's basket passing over a full moon. We've seen some things, too, Roy Batty. The Chicago Tribune's Michael Phillips joins Adam and Josh for a Sacred Cow review of Ridley Scott's seminal sci-fi noir (we chose THE FINAL CUT," if you're curious) and the Top 5 Films of 1982. Plus, listeners weigh in on our '82 Death Match - Blade Runner vs E.T. - and Michael recalls seeing "An Officer and a Gentleman" with his college girlfriend (and her grandparents).
Texan Down Under

Dman

Re: #647: Blade Runner / Top 5 Films of 1982
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:23:34 AM »
This top 5 really got me in my feels because this is truly one of my favorite, if not all out favorite, personal movie year for me. As a sci-fi/fantasy buff, 1982 was absolute heaven. I can remember actually seeing these films as if I had saw them yesterday and I swear, it seemed as though I was going to the movies EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Just to mention a few:

48 Hours
Blade Runner
Cat People
Conan the Barbarian
E.T.
An Officer and a Gentleman
Poltergeist
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
Tootsie
TRON

Last but not least, Friday the 13th, Part 3, in 3D no less; some of the best 3D I've ever seen and one of the best in the franchise. Seriously, it got a little dusty for me listening to this Top 5.

I have to give a special shout out to my beloved Fast Times at Ridgemont High, a film that was released in 1982 but I didn't get to see it in the theaters. I saw it for the first time on cable in 1983 and it was love at first sight. I could've kicked myself for not experiencing it for the first time in a theater. Now that could be a good Top 5; films we saw on some other medium that makes us wish we had seen them first in a theater (I'm sure you could find a better way to word that. lol).

One question. What was up with the out of order presentation of this Top 5? Maybe you stated a reason and I just missed it. It just seem annoying. What was the point of that?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:25:05 AM by Dman »

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
One question. What was up with the out of order presentation of this Top 5? Maybe you stated a reason and I just missed it. It just seem annoying. What was the point of that?
Made no sense to go pick by pick with the overlap.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Dman

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
Made no sense to go pick by pick with the overlap.

Understood! Truly one of my favorite Top 5s yet. I have to give some thought to my Top 5 films of 1982. So many to choose from.