Author Topic: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment in Entertainment World  (Read 22464 times)

PeacefulAnarchy

• Elite Member
    • Criticker reviews
Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment Bonanza 2017
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
Bondo called CK's acts crimes, and I wanted to establish whether he could indeed be prosecuted under some criminal statute. The pedantry is just a bonus.
The answer is yes, by the way:
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=314.&lawCode=PEN
Every person who willfully and lewdly, either:

1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or,

2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or is adapted to excite to vicious or lewd thoughts or acts,

is guilty of a misdemeanor.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:31 PM »
So why, upon his confession, was he not brought up on charges?
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

PeacefulAnarchy

• Elite Member
    • Criticker reviews
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2018, 02:34:51 PM »
So why, upon his confession, was he not brought up on charges?
The statue of limitations for misdemeanors in California is 1 year.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2018, 09:25:48 PM »
Rumblings that the new Woody Allen is going to be shelved indefinitely/may just never get released at all.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »
David Ellison’s full memo on Lasseter’s hire at Skydance Animation:

Dear Colleagues:

I wanted to share with you first some news that we are announcing today.

Industry visionary John Lasseter is joining us to lead Skydance Animation. John will be based in Los Angeles and will report directly to me.

Bill Damaschke will be transitioning from his current role, and we are hopeful he will choose to remain within the Skydance family.

The attached press release outlines the news more fully, but I wanted to share a few things that have informed our decision to bring John on board.

First, no one can dispute John’s legacy building Pixar and Walt Disney Animation into the leadership position they now enjoy. His creative vision and forward-looking approach to animation has transformed the entire industry. At his heart, John is a storyteller – with a unique ability to tell beautiful and emotionally-driven tales that resonate and inspire audiences around the globe.

Second, I know many of you are aware of John’s admitted mistakes in his prior role helming those studios. John has been forthright in taking ownership of his behavior, apologized for his actions and has spent the past year on sabbatical analyzing and improving his workplace behavior.

Third, we employed outside counsel to thoroughly investigate the allegations, which we considered serious and have warranted our full attention as we made this important decision. The senior leadership team and I have all carefully evaluated the findings of this extensive investigation.

Let me be clear: we have not entered into this decision lightly.

While we would never minimize anyone’s subjective views on behavior, we are confident after many substantive conversations with John, and as the investigation has affirmed, that his mistakes have been recognized. We are certain that John has learned valuable lessons and is ready to prove his capabilities as a leader and a colleague. And he has given his assurance that he will comport himself in a wholly professional manner that is the expectation of every Skydance colleague and partner.

We are very hopeful and excited about what the coming years will bring, as John’s art transcends generations and cultures, while deeply resonating on a fundamental level with what makes us uniquely human.

The senior leadership team and I will be hosting a town hall for all Skydance Animation colleagues shortly to speak with you directly about this transition. Additional town halls at SDM and SDI will take place today and tomorrow.

Skydance Animation colleagues, please be on the lookout for a call-to-gather email. I look forward to speaking with you in person.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »
He spent all of nine days off Disney's payroll...

Screw Skydance and David Ellison. Terrible decision.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Wonder which animation studios are presently receiving applications from female employees of Skydance?

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »
Emma Thompson brings the fire in her letter to Skydance against the hiring of John Lasseter.

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »
Emma Thompson brings the fire in her letter to Skydance against the hiring of John Lasseter.

As seen in the LA Times.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
As others as pointed out, it's a shame that in this case the woman has to quit her job to make a statement instead of the more reasonable outcome of the man being ousted for having a history of creating a hostile work environment.