love

Author Topic: Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****  (Read 3486 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »

Tickets!

Okay fellow Foo Fighter fans out there, please post your top 5 favorite songs, so I can better prepare for the show. Who knows! Maybe one of your favorites will be performed and I'll know it because of you! :)

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Re: Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
Sandy's into the Foo Fighters? Blimey...

The Pretender
Come Alive
Everlong
Long Road to Ruin
Let It Die
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
The Colour and the Shape is the only Foo I really care about:

1. February Stars
2. Everlong
3. Walking After You
4. Monkey Wrench
5. My Hero

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »
A Foo Fighters song came on random play on my iPod today. As I skipped it I was thinking someone should start a Foo Fighters and Goo Goo Dolls cover band called Foo Goo Doll Fighters.

aewade90

• Letterboxd:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 07:19:00 PM »
For the most part I can take or leave Foos, but Everlong and Monkey Wrench are all time great car singalong jams. I've also had the pleasure of photographing them live here in Australia a few times, but the best time was my first trip to SXSW in Austin, TX where I ended up sneaking into their pre-Wasting Light preview show at Stubbs with a fake email, and being in one of the most cramped photo pits I've ever been in.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
Whoa, aewade90. :o That is some picture! Is photography your career, or an amazing hobby of yours?

Thanks for the songs, everyone! I'm listening. :)

aewade90

• Letterboxd:
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:35:53 AM »
Whoa, aewade90. :o That is some picture! Is photography your career, or an amazing hobby of yours?

It was a weird hybrid hobby/career previously; I ended up working in the music industry as a publicist, and took photographs of many bands I worked with as well as working on assignment for media outlets occasionally. Got to see a lot of great concerts for free!

Also, I totally blanked on mentioning "White Limo". That song is a banger, and I wish the band would tread on the heavier side more often.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
It was a weird hybrid hobby/career previously; I ended up working in the music industry as a publicist, and took photographs of many bands I worked with as well as working on assignment for media outlets occasionally. Got to see a lot of great concerts for free!

What a fascinating combination of talents. :)

Now I'm curious to what your favorite bands are. Would you be interested in telling me your top five groups?

Also, I totally blanked on mentioning "White Limo". That song is a banger, and I wish the band would tread on the heavier side more often.

Added! Can't wait to listen to this one.

aewade90

• Letterboxd:
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »

What a fascinating combination of talents. :)

Now I'm curious to what your favorite bands are. Would you be interested in telling me your top five groups?

Oh man, five is always a tough call. At the moment I'd have to call it for Bowie, Talking Heads, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, and a last place five-way-tie between Death From Above 1979, LCD Soundsystem, and either Dillinger Escape Plan, The Beatles, or Prince (and it's probably Prince to be honest).

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 05:52:41 PM »
My Bloody Valentine and Nine Inch Nails were probably my two most listened to bands during college days. I don't think I had listened to MBV for at least 5 years but strangely played Loveless yesterday.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love