Author Topic: Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****  (Read 191 times)

aewade90

• Letterboxd:
Re: Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
My Bloody Valentine and Nine Inch Nails were probably my two most listened to bands during college days. I don't think I had listened to MBV for at least 5 years but strangely played Loveless yesterday.

Yeah, for me, NIN was totally a high-school angst band, but Reznor's soundtrack material and Ghosts end up being background music for a lot of study sessions, ten years on. And I'll still spin The Fragile or Downward Spiral occasionally.

MBV, though, I probably listen to Loveless at least once a week. mbv (the album) even gets decent rotation. I was lucky enough to see them live two times on the last Australian tour and I don't think I'll ever hear anything louder.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: Foo Fighters: or The Holy S****
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 11:23:16 PM »
...Now I'm curious to what your favorite bands are. Would you be interested in telling me your top five groups?

Oh man, five is always a tough call. At the moment I'd have to call it for Bowie, Talking Heads, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, and a last place five-way-tie between Death From Above 1979, LCD Soundsystem, and either Dillinger Escape Plan, The Beatles, or Prince (and it's probably Prince to be honest).

5 I know well and 4 I don't know anything about (guess which ones). :) I have some homework to do!
"Inside you there's a strength that lies."

love