Author Topic: Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom  (Read 69 times)

AliceGuyBlache

• Take my views with a few gallons of salt
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom
« on: June 24, 2018, 03:55:30 AM »
So...

That little girl murdered roughly 100 people in the first night after releasing all of the dinosaurs?

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »
That little girl murdered roughly 100 people in the first night after releasing all of the dinosaurs?
The secret about the girl that’s dropped like a bomb and then forgotten actually makes her action far more interesting than the film is able to deal with.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:13:07 AM »
Yeah, if the movie hadn't sat on that reveal until the last five minutes and instead did it at like the halfway point it could have had more build up to the ending.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 03:06:39 PM »
It was a super telegraphed 'reveal' right? I definitely agree it should have come sooner, but even as someone who usually takes a while to pick up on things like that in films I had it pegged from pretty much the second scene with her.

AliceGuyBlache

• Take my views with a few gallons of salt
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 12:15:04 AM »
The secret about the girl that’s dropped like a bomb and then forgotten actually makes her action far more interesting than the film is able to deal with.

It does?

Why?

We've cloned sheep. She's relatively as harmless as a sheep. The dinosaurs are carnivorous creatures that will either go on a buffet run in the first 24 hours or be quickly slaughtered by the military.

Anyway, I loved how the plot twist didn't have a moment to breathe. Almost immediately after, ACTION SCENE, like the filmmakers didn't care much for the twist either.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 07:10:01 AM »

It does?

Why?
Because she’s the one that sets the dinosaurs loose upon the world.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
Yeah, but the whole « I am a clone too so I empathise with them » thing is stupid. I hope to write a short review soon, but the entire movie celebrates life forms that are tremendously dangerous to human life and dismisses all human deaths, actual or potential, as unimportant. The characters spend more time trying to save one lizard's life than any human's.

#clonelivesmatter
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)