Author Topic: #661: (Pt. 1) Top 10 Films of 2017  (Read 751 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
#661: (Pt. 1) Top 10 Films of 2017
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »

With Michael Phillips and Tasha Robinson joining Adam and Josh for the Top 10 Films of 2017 countdown, the roundtable devotes part one to 'The Outliers' - picks unique to each host's list. Before getting to next week's "Consensus" choices, find out who has a soft spot for body-swapping anime, who isn't afraid to put a rom-com in their top ten, and who has a thing for... rats.

mp3 | episode details
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: #661: (Pt. 1) Top 10 Films of 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »
I dig the format of this top 10. Would love to see it return next year. Still formulating my list as a have a few more I want to see that I didn't find time for over the holidays.

Josh reminds me I need to mull over The Beguiled more. I wonder if I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen the original. I wish Your Name could be rented somewhere because I hate buying movies blind. Sadly The Shape of Water won't be playing here until sometime after Oscar noms, I'm guessing.

Personal Shopper is next on my list to watch so glad to hear it made Adam's list. Wonderstruck was one I came so close to seeing in theaters but life got in the way.

From Tasha's picks I'm bummed that I don't have access to The Breadwinner but glad Mary and the Witch's Flower is playing here in a few weeks, although I really hope there's a subbed version playing. I vaguely remember hearing about it, but I had forgotten about the film.

Michael made me curious about Rat Film, which I hadn't paid much attention to. Also love his pick of Good Time which is definitely high in the running for my list.