Author Topic: Slack  (Read 151 times)

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
Slack
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »
I mentioned this in the Chat thread, but it didn't get any traction. Would there be any interest in starting a Slack for the Filmspotting community? The board is great for a lot of things, but Slack has a lot of advantages and has worked well for other communities.

What is Slack?
Slack is similar to old-school chat rooms, but also borrows a lot from message boards. Messages are persisted, so if you leave and come back you can see what you missed. You can start threads within the chat and tangents can be discussed there. There are channels which are akin to the sub-boards here to silo different topics of discussion.

I think it would dove-tail nicely with the board.
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Slack
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:48:29 AM »
The boards are not so active at the moment, it seems to come in waves. I’ve not used Slack, would it possibly further reduce activity here?
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
Sure, maybe ? I'm not much of a chat person generally, but I'd be willing to try it out.
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:35 PM »
Ok, we'll see how this goes. Please join me in the Unofficial Filmspotting Board Slack!

Use this invite link: https://join.slack.com/t/filmspottingchat/shared_invite/enQtNTA4MjU3ODgzOTU5LWJjMjE2YjA5Yzg1OTc3NjIxZDQyZjY4MjM5MjliZmE5MTM1MGVjN2JlYzY2YzYzNTk2MGFjNGU1YzllOTBhM2Q
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter