love

Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32145 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »
In much happier news: Red Dead 2 gameplay footage coming tomorrow! http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/08/08/red-dead-redemption-2-gameplay-trailer-coming-tomorrow

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »
I'm still not all about it because those crafting things just aren't for me, but it does take a couple of hours to get going. I've been enjoying it more this time through, and idk if they overhauled the visuals or what but the worlds just feel like they have so many more rich colors. That said, it would be better if I regularly smoked weed, I think, and I could just vibe with that while I listen to music or have netflix on my laptop. There's just a simple joy to the exploration, I've found.

Also, bought Dead Cells (went with Switch for the portability factor, even if I know it'll overtake Octopath) and am loving it through my first 4 runs. Never played a Castlevania game fully/enough to have fond feelings when I like the Metroid of the Metroidvanias so much, but the run based gameplay, the visuals, the charm, the varied weapons. It's been a blast, and way better than something like Rouge Legacy which I bounced off of super hard. Unsure if it'll be like Spelunky, and the way weapons work is so different I'm not sure it can match the simplicity and depth balance that game has, or even TBoI, but it could get up there.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
I think I don’t like 2D platformers anymore. I’ve invested in so many of these metroidvannia-type games, but I’ve yet to play more than 25% of most of them. I can’t remember beating any since, probably, Shovel Knight on the WiiU. I think I’ve just played too many in my life, and the thrill is gone. Dead Cells seems cool, but I’m not even buying Guacamelee 2. The 25 dollar price point isn’t doing it any favors, either.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 4 after playing the demo. It’s very much akin to the PS3 original title... almost to a fault. The english VO is still terrible, the storybook format is dated... but it’s still got that VC gameplay, and that’s what I’m here for. It’ll probably be lost in the shuffle when it drops in late September, but I’ll still drop in to play a few missions when I want some fun color-pencil tactical combat.

Oh, and Red Dead trailer in 15 minutes!!!!!!!

Solid Blake

• Godfather

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2018, 09:26:46 AM »
Ok, I still like 2D platformers. Dead Cells is pretty F’n rad, guys. It definitely reminds me of Rogue Legacy, where my “runs” don’t always feel in vain, as I’m always building up passive abilities and unlocking weapons from found blue prints. The combat feels fun/smooth. Also, you don’t take damage from touching enemies who aren’t in a combat animation, which I appreciate GREATLY.

Also, I got a personal record of 8 “chicken dinners” in one day playing PUBG. Man, that game... it has delivered some of the highest highs I’ve ever experienced in gaming, it also has some pretty low lows. I’m sure I’ll write more about this later.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:20 PM »
Who needs RDR when the man is getting ready to drop the fire?

https://youtu.be/u7fqQK0bl_U

Solid Blake

• Godfather

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »
Overcooked 2 was over way too fast. Hopefully they'll do some DLC again. I really like the new throw mechanic.

I couldn't resist buying Uncharted 4 for $20, though I can't imagine ever having the time to play it :/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
Cyberpunk 2077 looks tight but of course I'm bummed by the simplistic dialogue system. Guessing we'll probably never get another AAA RPG with good dialogue again.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2018, 06:28:36 PM »
Who needs dialogue when you can have simplistic choices and vague almosts?

love