Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32152 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »
Playing a bunch of AssCreed Origins. That game is beautiful in the 4k HDR on my XOX. It's also maybe the best AssCreed game. The Egyptian setting is really fun to run around in and look at, while the gameplay has gotten better and the combat has moved beyond the button-mash-y stuff to a more Bloodborne/Dark Sous inspired lock-on and dodge mechanic. The Bird Friend is a cool tool that means I look at maps less and stay immersed in the world a little more than usual.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »
I hope you like it! Unfortunately, I fell off that game when the loot mechanics really took me out of the world (literally, by continually forcing me into menu screens) and when my bow and arrow shot to a human head never guaranteed a kill, I was quickly turned off. Shame, because I really liked that world and the protagonist (and his feisty wife too)!

In other news, I'm getting pretty excited about the changes coming to Fortnite Battle Royale.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
Any early word on The Red Strings Club? I really liked Gods Will Be Watching, but I never got far because I was bad at it.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 03:15:26 AM »
Fortnite looks incredibly unappealing to me.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »

If 100vAll combat isn't your thing. Fortnite won't change that. I'm not even a huge fan of the building mechanic. But it is a fun/polished Battle Royale game with character/fun art style and I'm really diggin' it.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
Stayed up way too late playing Human Fall Flat with a PSN buddy via SharePlay couch co-op. That game is so more fun/hilarious when figuring out puzzles with a friend while simultaneously trolling them at every available opportunity. Whether it be stacking boulders in front of a door so they can’t escape or launching them in catapults off cliffs, or putting them in a dumpster (and pushing it off a cliff)... I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard while playing a game.

We had so much fun, I went ahead and bought Gang Beasts in my 3AM stupor. Will report back on that soon.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »

If 100vAll combat isn't your thing. Fortnite won't change that. I'm not even a huge fan of the building mechanic. But it is a fun/polished Battle Royale game with character/fun art style and I'm really diggin' it.

I like battle royale but everything about the game looks crap to me. The design to the mechanics.

I bought Battlefield 1 recently. Do i have it right that if i want to play multiplayer and increase from rank 7 onward i need to pay a monthly subscription?

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »
I bought Battlefield 1 recently. Do i have it right that if i want to play multiplayer and increase from rank 7 onward i need to pay a monthly subscription?

Never heard of this. Are you referring to Xbox Live or PSN? If so, you do have to pay an annual fee to play most multiplayer games. As for Battlefield 1, the only other "pay wall" you should be facing is getting access to the DLC maps.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
Human Fall Flat is so much fun, especially with a friend. My friend and I spent an hour messing around with the tanker boat and the docks and cargo boxes on that one level. It's so goofy that even the frustrating parts are still entertaining. I know we didn't solve the last puzzle of that level even remotely correctly but it was still fun to mess around with and we got to the end eventually.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Never heard of this. Are you referring to Xbox Live or PSN? If so, you do have to pay an annual fee to play most multiplayer games. As for Battlefield 1, the only other "pay wall" you should be facing is getting access to the DLC maps.

PC. Our xp was locked from being promoted from level 7. "Get premium pass to rank up". "Earned from playing Premium Pass maps with friends". I'm a little confused. Perhaps we've been playing DLC maps but they lock the xp until we pay?

love