love

Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32168 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 06:08:28 AM »
I'm a little burnt out on 2D platformers right now. I bought Ori back when I had the OG Xbox One and couldn't really get into it, in spite of the gorgeous art design. I'm afraid I'll feel the same way about Cuphead, though the notorious challenging gameplay is enticing. I'm hoping these things come to Games Pass eventually, so I might just hold off and solely use the Xbox One for Games Pass stuff (although I might buy Red Dead on it if that version runs the best). We shall see.

I popped on PUBG last night and had two hilarious "oh shit" moments. I feel like this happens frequently with this game, but anyways... the first involved me lying prone next to a tree, monitoring a set of buildings I saw a guy run into with my M16 with 4X ACOG scope. Next thing I know is I hear footsteps running at me from behind. The guy literally sprints one foot away from my body and down the hill, lining up for the perfect shots to the back. How he didn't see me was beyond me. I had a good laugh. The second involved an end game with 15 players and the ever decreasing circle landing on an open field with little to no coverage. Thankfully, I had a UAZ and was just driving in circles, taking the random shots--but no damage. I ran over a few unlucky souls running into the circle and it was down to about 6 players. I attempted a sharp turn, only to find my truck had flipped onto its side. I didn't want to jump out and get killed instantly, as I was the only one in a car at the end. I kept switching seats, but one sniper round landed in my face as I switched to the passenger side. I died, I laughed, I jumped right into another game. This game is something special, in spite of how unpolished/non-optimized it may be.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:11:07 AM by Solid Blake »

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »
It's hard to aim in PUBG on consoles. Most modern games have aim assists and RNG algorithms that help with aiming. The inaccuracy of dual analog sticks could be seen as a negative. I like it. It helps even the odds when taking fire. It gives you enough time to retaliate, juxtaposed to looting for 20 minutes only to be head-shot from 200 meters away with a sniper rifle. Gun fights are dirty/confusing/loud on the Xbox One and I like it for that. I can't pull myself away from this game.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
I bought the Xbox One X on Friday, February 9th. That's 12 days ago. I have thus far logged 95 hours into PUBG. That's an average of 7.9 hours a day. That's 55.3 hours a week. I have put more time into this game than my job. I don't think I've ever been hooked so hard by any other game in history. This game has essentially replaced my social life/sleep and I don't care. It's barely functioning and somewhat broken in a lot of regards, but the game play hook and moments/memories that keep me coming back for more. Has anyone else caught the PUBG bug?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 09:16:58 AM »
Not my kind of game, at all.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 06:32:08 PM »
I bought an Xbox One X instead.

Gamer ID: Solid Blake

whsguy

I did also just beat Celeste. That is a very good, sometimes very frustrating game. The last part of the climb was intense and I quit once. Don't do that, you have to repeat the whole final section if you stop in the middle. The score is great as well.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »
Apparently, PUBG now runs worse on Xbox One X versus the S and OG counterparts.

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/pubg-xbox-one-x-issues/amp/

At first, I thought everyone had the same frame dips in cities/close proximity combat, but playing with friends on the downgraded consoles only confirms that I’m at a disadvantage playing on the X. I’m going to stop playing this until it gets fixed in a patch that the developers say is coming “in a few weeks.” I’ve heard the rants against Bluehole, and it all now makes perfect sense.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2018, 02:34:20 AM »
I bought the Xbox One X on Friday, February 9th. That's 12 days ago. I have thus far logged 95 hours into PUBG. That's an average of 7.9 hours a day. That's 55.3 hours a week. I have put more time into this game than my job. I don't think I've ever been hooked so hard by any other game in history. This game has essentially replaced my social life/sleep and I don't care. It's barely functioning and somewhat broken in a lot of regards, but the game play hook and moments/memories that keep me coming back for more. Has anyone else caught the PUBG bug?

That's impressive. It's been kind of like that with me since i got my new computer. I sit down for a quick game of Team Fortress.... 6 hours later I'm still playing. I'm hella rusty

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
SteamWorld Dig 2 was great fun. It offers a lot of risk-rewards mechanics and I like how the cog economy forces you to make interesting choices about how your want to play the game. This is a special one that I'd highly recommend to fans of exploring and Metroidvanias. Still think I would give Hollow Knight a slight edge with the two 2017 Metroidvania juggernauts.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
I popped on State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition for the first time yesterday and fell in love with this zombie sim almost immediately. The countless variables derived from character perma-death, home base/outpost locations, and personality dynamics really open up what can go down in your post-apocalyptic story. For example, I lost my first major character. His name is Ed, he’s kind of dumb, so of course he would accept a fetch quest mission for a girl he has a crush on (at least in my mind), and his blind ambition led to his intestines being torn from his body, at the very dock/location the game starts at. It was almost poetic. What made it worse, after he died—it cuts back to another playable character talking to the girl he was on the quest for, and she snidely remarked how she “didn’t really know Ed that well.” Woof. This game is harsh, and so is a zombie infested apocalyptic scenario. I really want to play more, but I might hold out for State of Decay 2, so I’m not too burnt out on the formula.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
PUBG has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, patch 9 appeared to drastically improve my laggy frames per second issues that most X users have been having; however, it has now reverted back to pre-patch performance. It’s a shame the developers are aiming at delivering native 4k resolution as a selling point, because I’d much rather play this at 1080p with a locked 30fps any day.

I popped on Rise of the Tomb Raider due to it being known as a Xbox One X showcase and it does indeed look gorgeous. Native 4k is fine and all, but the HDR really adds a lot when compared to when I played through this on the OG Xbox One. I’ve also purchased GTAV for the third time, because GTA... the X doesn’t really improve any visuals, but I am loving the feel of the Elite Controller in my hands as I explore Los Santos’ seedier side.

love