Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32143 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
How have none of you mentioned Overcooked 2? That's what we're gonna be playing!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Oh yea, that one does look good. Still haven't picked up the first one but I have played it before.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
How have none of you mentioned Overcooked 2? That's what we're gonna be playing!

Will it have online multiplayer? Outside of the rare couch coop session, the first game never really hooked me. It’s a brilliant idea, but the lack of online play really detracted from my experience with the original.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
I believe it does have online multiplayer.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Solid Blake

• Godfather
I forgot that Sega was showing off Valkyria Chronicles 4 at E3... that bad larry would have definitely snuck into my top 10 list.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
So is fallout 76 PVP or PVE? My impression from the presentation was it's regular Fallout but with the option of 3+ player co-op. Co-op Fallout is something I can get behind.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
So is fallout 76 PVP or PVE? My impression from the presentation was it's regular Fallout but with the option of 3+ player co-op. Co-op Fallout is something I can get behind.

Sounds like both. People can be friendly or aggressive, and any of your buds can drop in/out whenever. Sounds like death isn’t a huge punishment in the game, you don’t lose items/gear and you just respawn. Your base can be destroyed, but it sounds like it’s not a big deal as there is a repair feature. Basically, it’s as it sounds—Fallout 4 with multiplayer, no V.A.T.S. and the meta-game is gathering launch codes to drop nukes, which spawn irradiated zones that act as high-level zones (a la raid locations). It’s Bethesda’s bite at the whole Destiny-Division-Anthem pie.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Oh, and I’m about 4 hours into Vampyr. I like it, but I feel like Dontnod should have marketed this game at a $50 or $40 price point. It definitely feels sub-AAA, and the combat feels a bit wonky, but the voice acting, score, and story (thus far) is working for me... especially that score.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
I'm similar in time, but taking my time with it, don't really have the price complaint (though also with Amazon I only paid $50 for it anyway, I guess) especially when there seems to be a lot of content in there. The thing I'm liking, as I still get used to the combat and leveling and crafting, is how many characters there are, like NPCs with actual things to say. And yes, it sometimes just has me running back and forth which is a bummer, but it does give a sense of life (or not, in this case lol) to the world in a way that something like Bully does (though not to the same extent, the fact that every character in there is a named individual makes that world feel more lively).

It's a B game, which is fine, I'm way in to some of the shots it takes.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
-Quantity over quality, but the best pacing/production of the bunch. Game Pass is a bigger deal than anyone realizes.

I'm definitely into Game Pass. There's nothing on there at the moment i want to play but I'm looking forward to subbing and unsubbing depending on what's there. Especially since the first month is only $1.