love

Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32160 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Dialogue wheels ruined the RPG genre so much.

Been playing No Man's Sky the past few days. I hadn't played it before and never bought into the hype machine. What is is right now I think is pretty good. I really like learning the alien languages and the cryptic story so far. The actual harvesting and crafting isn't as compelling to me, but it's not bad. At some point I want to find a planet to make a base and see if that side of it speaks to me at all.

It's also a fantastic podcast game and just generally a soothing experience.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
I do kind of want to go back and poke around at it, the podcast/music game thing is appealing to me, though that becomes even more appealing on something like the Switch where I can just put on Netflix or something on the TV. Though I could do that with my laptop if I'm playing on PS4, I guess.

Speaking of podcasts, didn't realize that Jeff G and Dave Lang have an irregular podcast about hip-hop called Ima Fix Wolves. It's not on iTunes or most other places as far as I could tell, I just had to download episode 5 directly from the website. Did anyone else know about this/was it ever talked about anywhere? Maybe an E3 segment I'm still working through, though looks like it started some time last year. It's not a premium thing on the website either. It was a really strange find.

philip918

• Elite Member
Dialogue wheels ruined the RPG genre so much.

Been playing No Man's Sky the past few days. I hadn't played it before and never bought into the hype machine. What is is right now I think is pretty good. I really like learning the alien languages and the cryptic story so far. The actual harvesting and crafting isn't as compelling to me, but it's not bad. At some point I want to find a planet to make a base and see if that side of it speaks to me at all.

It's also a fantastic podcast game and just generally a soothing experience.

Haven't played the game, but I love the score. Great writing music. Also, the concept is pretty thrilling (and scary). We've reached a point where people could legitimately get lost in a game that is nearly limitless.

Solid Blake

• Godfather

Solid Blake

• Godfather
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit was my kind of Dontnod jam. They do their Quantic Dream/Telltale thing better than anyone and I’m very excited for Life is Strange 2.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
I feel like I messed it up, in the sense that I didn't do everything but kind of thought I did, and now I'm unsure if I should replay it or just live with how things turned out assuming it will tie in to LIS 2 (which I'm sure it will). Definitely enjoyed it, so I'm going to end up preordering the next season, though I was going to anyway, same with the new TWDTTG.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Mutant Year Zero looks like some dope-Svenske-ass-shit:

https://youtu.be/CJxHEI8MSJU

I want it.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Fired up my Switch (after having to dig out the USB-C charger for the Pro Controller) for the first time in a long time to buy/download Mario Tennis Aces. I’ve played a few tutorial “levels,” but mostly bought this to bring out for smaller get-togethers (or roof parties). Seems pretty cool.

I also jumped on that Octopath Traveler 3 hour demo and chose the thief to begin my campaign. I still love the 16/32-bit tilt-shift aesthetic and it’s definitely scratching that JRPG itch right now, though I’m still on the fence if I’m going to buy the full game in a week or so...

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
I want to play Octopath, but if I'm being real with myself I won't play it very much.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
I want to play Octopath, but if I'm being real with myself I won't play it very much.

Give it at least three hours, man.

love