Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32151 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »
Crew 2 or maybe the Burnout Paradise remaster if you never played it on the PS3/360.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2018, 04:59:04 PM »
Started playing Alien: Isolation again since it is the horror season. Great so far. Just the general aesthetic and worldbuilding feels so right for the IP and I love that this is a horror game through and through instead of a shooter. I prefer Alien to Aliens so I think this game is capturing more of the experience I want in game form from the franchise.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »
Crew 2 or maybe the Burnout Paradise remaster if you never played it on the PS3/360.

Cool thanks for the suggestions!

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »
Croatian magazine Gameplay confirmed in its recent Red Dead Redemption 2 preview that NPCs dialogue will change if the player is playing without the mini-map. With the map off, NPCs will give players directions, routes and various other information regarding the surrounding areas.

It’s stuff like this that reassures me that there are other anti-HUD people out there, and I would love to see more of this stuff. For example, Forza Horizon 4 is completely playable with the HUD off, with the GPS voice talking you through every turn; however, Assassin’s Creed Origins was very difficult to play with the HUD turned off (as that game’s UI design is a cluttered mess, but necessary to convey information to the player). If you have the option to disable the HUD, you should have the game designed to be playable (and not bewildering to the player), so I’m happy to see Rockstar supplementing HUD info with contextual dialogue, and more and more this game is feeling like it was designed for weirdos like me.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:14:11 PM by Solid Blake »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
Interesting to see how well that will work given that so many open world games are designed with the idea being people will have the minimap on. I tried to play both Dishonored games without the waypoint markers, but at some point, if I couldn't find the in-world maps, I'd sometime have to turn them on just so I didn't spend an hour roaming a part of the map where no objectives resided. I know neither of those are open worlds, just saying even in tightly designed maps I found myself hopelessly lost more often than not.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »
Should I get The Missing on PS4, Xbox One, or Switch?

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
That looks like a Switch game.

Also, I got my third Victory today in Call of Duty: Blackout. This is one damn fine battle royale game. I really don’t see myself ever going back to PUBG, especially with BFV Firestorm coming out in November. Oh, and Red Dead Redemption II comes out in 14 days... Not that I’m counting (I am).

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
I want to get Black Ops IV, but I might just wait for a B2G1 that Target or Best Buy usually runs around the beginning of November. Hit up that, Creed, and something else. Obviously I'm buying RDR2 at launch.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2018, 06:02:54 AM »
I want to get Black Ops IV, but I might just wait for a B2G1 that Target or Best Buy usually runs around the beginning of November. Hit up that, Creed, and something else. Obviously I'm buying RDR2 at launch.

I would suggest going with the PS4 version for Blops4, as the Xbox version is having server issues with the Quads (Squads) mode in Blackout. Solos and duos run great, but Quads is annoyingly jittery almost every game—this will be fixed soon, hopefully.

In RDR2 news, I highly recommend reading this article: http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

... it’s amazing how much time and effort can be put into one piece of entertainment.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »
I don't think we've talked about the big issue that's been running around the gaming journalism sites this year which is poor labor conditions for game developers. Rockstar is the latest developer in the limelight.

Of course, there was that story years ago about Rockstar wives writing angry letters and there are so many companies that practice this that I think even with more awareness the hope for change is probably minimal. I know a lot of indie devs have quit big studios because of the unhealthy work week grinds.

I love games, I love the idea of big, ambitious titles that try to push things forward, but I hate the idea that so many people have to work 100 hour work weeks for something as trivial as a game. It's just a shame that entertainment has to come at the cost of some people being able to spend time with their families/live well-balanced lives.