love

Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32140 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »
Only 14 hours to go! I have been watching Westerns all week and will continue to do so until the clock strikes midnight. Here’s the list of films I have/will be watching:

3:10 To Yuma (2007)
True Grit (2010)
Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
The Hateful Eight (2015)
Open Range (2003)
Unforgiven (1992)
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

Any other suggestions?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »
I wish I had the time to play it, I really liked the first one. There’s just no way. Maybe in like 10 years or something when this kid’s away at summer camp.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
I've been messing about with the chill, relaxed Stardew Valley. It's like a better Animal Crossing. I think I'm getting too ambitious with my farming as I tend to start out with a moderately sized farm and then by the end of the season I can barely water the dang thing. Focusing more time on fishing and mining has helped me curtail this problem some. I'm about a third of the way through summer and the crops are just now about to bear first harvest.

I totally see the appeal of this game and while I don't see myself playing this long-term, I could see coming back to it from time to time as a sort of relaxing game experience which we honestly need more of these days.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2018, 11:40:59 AM »
I’ve already logged 36 hours into Red Dead Redemption II, and I have so many things to share, but I’d much rather get back to the game right now, and I honestly can’t think of any higher praise.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:40:06 PM by Solid Blake »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
I wondered how may days it would take before you came up for air.  :D

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »
Finally got a chance to start today. Got it on Xbox One X, and it looks good, but hasn't blown me away yet. Though I'm still only like 2 hours deep and very much still in the tutorial/The Hateful 8 section.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
I’m about 90 hours in, and only 40% complete with the story. I’m completely immersed in this world, and my Arthur is a mostly chaotic/good cowboy who likes whisky, hunting, fishing, and performing chores around camp. I can’t stop playing this game, and when I’m not, I’m always thinking about it. I’m consistently surprised by how this game surprises me at every turn, and I won’t spoil any of them—but my expectations from open world/narrative driven games has been totally up-ended. I want to write more, but my thoughts are drifting back to New Hanover...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:18:26 AM by Solid Blake »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »
I've gotten into Rimworld over the past week. It's a great survival base management game with systems upon systems. You've got to make freezers or meat rots, grow crops in the right kind of soil, make sure the right skilled person does the right job or things will get botched. And then there are the AI storytellers who decide to through challenges at you based on his/her personality and what difficulty you put him/her on. 

There are several starting scenarios and I picked the one where you crash land on a planet. Started with three survivors and I took in one refugee and recruited one of the raiders who attacked me after incapacitating them. It's got a lot of sci-fi/western elements and plenty of Dwarf Fortress in its DNA. I'm going to see out this first base as long as I can, but I'm already plotting how my next time I'll build more efficiently or cut corners to make things more elegant. It's been a while since I've dived into such a systems heavy game and I'm loving it.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »
I'm playing a lot of Gran Turismo 5 lately. It is so old the online support ended, but there is a race series that requires a car you can only get through the online store. That was poorly thought out on their part. Maybe I should stop living a decade in the past.