Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 5181 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »
A friend of mine, who's teaching me about song structure, said that his favorite video he made is on the history of video game music. Thought you guys might like it. :)

"Inside you there's a strength that lies."

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
  • "Liberating Canaries"
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2018, 08:56:55 PM »
Very cool. Tetris, Journey, all the good stuff. Videogame soundtracks are woefully underappreciated, and the more you dig into them, the more you realize how talented these composers/instrumentalists are.

Oh, and just a quick trio of pleasant surprises:

1. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden dropped today.
2. The game was available via the Game Pass program.
3. Itís awesome. Think XCOM meets Metal Gear Solid. Iím loving it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »
Might check that out. Also need to find my Vita charger to get Papers, Please on that sucker from PS+

Finally finished the first two maps on Hitman 2, not super clean, and there was more that I wanted to do, but I got some fun kills in, plus did both on Master with everything off, so the maps are taking me longer to get through. Interested in starting the next one. One has to figure, with the 50% price cut, as short as it was, weeks after launch that it may be the last Hitman we see for a while, assuming they still do season pass content. Noticed on PS4 that I was ranked about 1,400th or something out of like 2,600 people on the second map. I guess looking at the rank of those who finished the first map would give a better idea of how much it has sold, but those numbers seem super small. Not sure if it splits you based on the difficulty you pick, but I don't think it does, and obviously not everyone will finish the maps that bought the game, but still, doesn't seem like a lot of people jumped in on this one.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden looks up my alley.

Lately I've hardly been doing any gaming. No progress in Hitman 2, no Rimworld, I played a bit of Artifact, which probably won't be replacing Magic Arena anytime soon for me. Smash comes Friday, so I'll probably be playing that over the holidays but honestly, I might be taking a break from getting new games and just enjoying what I have for a while.

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
  • "Liberating Canaries"
« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2018, 07:49:25 AM »
I think The Game Awards happened last night. I don't know, I fell asleep several times. Here's a few fuzzy takeaways:

1. The show is still in this weird limbo between being prestigious gala event and having giant anthropomorphized Gillette shavers on stage, well this time it was Crash Bandicoot and some throwaway Muppet. Grow up, video games!

2. Red Dead Redemption II deserved every award it received, and the ones it didn't.

3. The Devil May Cry "performance" made me use that word "cringe" that I hate so much.

4. Geoff Keighley's child-like excitement at times during the show is still adorable.

5. Not enough Zimmer.

6. That Far Cry game looks another bad Far Cry Primal-esque cash in (it's also ripping off Rage 2's aesthetic BIG TIME).

7. The Outer Worlds is probably the only game announced that I'm excited about. That Hello Games thing looks cute too.

8. I wish I could get excited for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but my brain just glazes over whenever the actual game-play is on screen. Also, announcing DLC before the game drops is sooooo 2014, Nintendo.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:35 AM »
I worked last night, so I didn't watch them. Reading up, nothing super excites me. I guess the new Obsidian game could be good. Also the new game from SuperGiant Games.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2018, 11:08:33 PM »
I bought Pyre when it came out, still haven't launched it, need to get on that.

But........

Joker is coming to Smash! Which, more importantly than another potentially broken third party character (CINECAST! you still, Bayonetta), means there's going to be a Persona Amiibo!!!!!!!!!!

Also, fired up SSB around 8:30 and just finished up a pretty long session in story. I'm reticent to call it much of one, despite the wonderful intro, but it's been fun. Slow starting because you don't get characters quickly, and depending on the paths you take I guess you could stockpile ones you don't like. I still haven't gotten any ones that I love the play, but Captain Falcon is close enough to Dorf that I've had a ton of success with him.

Signed up for the online service immediately, but haven't taken it online yet. Going to dip in to Katamari a bit before bed.

EDIT: Speaking of Amiibo, just got an alert from Best Buy that the Shovel Knight 3 pack I preordered from them in like August of 2017 are now expected out 12/31/2019 (so sometime mid next year, I imagine). Crazy to have an order for something open potentially for two years when they are just little figurines. I'm hoping I get the ones that came out today in a couple of weeks, I picked slow shipping when I ordered them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:13:04 PM by FLYmeatwad »

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
  • "Liberating Canaries"
Below is finally coming out next Friday. Iím stoked to finally get my thumbs on this lilí puppy.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
I'll believe it when I see it. But will definitely play it.

Also, is Celeste a 'Switch' game? I want to play it before GotY, and am deciding which platform to play.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Yeah, as long as you don't throw it when you get frustrated.
Check out my blog of many topics

ďIím not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!Ē