Author Topic: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)  (Read 32159 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing? 2018 SPECIAL EDITION (4 Seasonal DLC Packs Included)
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:13 PM »
Only Borderlands worth anything is the TellTale one.

I'm on the fence about Below, because I get the vibe it's like a Don't Starve thing. I do like rouge-likes depending on the spin they put on things, but I was not about the crafting and stuff in Don't Starve.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
I signed up for the Switch Online service just so I could order the NES Joycons. Also, play NES games. Doubt I’ll ever use the online functionality, but I had some gold coins saved up, so it only cost me 8 bucks for a year membership.

Also, I downloaded Super Smash Bros. Ultimate mainly for the music. And I will probably want to play this with my family around the holidays, though the last one never really caught on with us. Maybe this one will be different?  ::)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »
It is definitely great. Catch FLY soon on the pro circuit destroying people with Dorf. They made him even better!

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #393 on: December 25, 2018, 09:27:02 AM »
I am not buying an Assassin’s Creed game this year.

... I won’t get fooled again! *guitar solo*

I bought an Assassin’s Creed game this year. It’s not very good.  :(

I’ll never learn.

I’m about to set up the Switch at my folk’s home and will report back on how Smash, Kart, Tennis, etc. fares. The fam really loves all the Mario’s. Merry Christmas ya’ll!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #394 on: December 25, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
I got Tetris. Bought AstroBot the lead up week to Black Friday. Perhaps I'll finally set my VR up again.

Smash, ofc, is great.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #395 on: December 26, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
Holiday family gaming update:

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the go-to-game amongst my siblings and niece & nephew. The game is fun and accessible at so many skill levels. Playing with the Switch Joycon is cramp-city, however. The kids like the motion controls more than the nub, but kids are pretty stupid. The chaos and rubber banding elements (i.e. blue shells), really made it a blast for everyone.

-I kept trying to talk up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, mainly because I just dropped $60 on it just to play with my family, and I kept talking about how there were so many characters to pick from. But APPARENTLY, you only have 8 characters unlocked at the offset?!?! What. The. F*ck. Confused, I took to Google and found that you have to unlock all the characters via single player fights/online skirmishes. F*ck that. We played two matches and turned to the next game.

-The kids went to bed and the beers were opened. It was Super Mario Party time. I had two Joycons and a pro controller, so it was perfect for me to play with my brother and sister. But, again, APPARENTLY, this game doesn’t support the pro controller, you know... the most expensive flagship controller for the system. And, again, f*ck that. Frustrated, I let my siblings play and I watched/drowned my sorrows in alcohol. They looked like they had fun, though.

We never touched Mario Tennis Aces.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #396 on: December 26, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »
My third party pro controller crashes the system if I try to connect it. Seems like an antitrust violation to me to nerf competing controllers.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #397 on: December 26, 2018, 06:52:55 PM »
Thought that word about the MP control scheme and SSBU character thing was prevalent enough to have reached out pretty far. You do always have to unlock characters in those games, but typically they start with plenty more than just the few in this one.

Regardless, I was glad SSBU makes you unlock the characters, I don't know if I'd have put the 20+ hours I did in to World Of Light were it not the case, since that's (new characters aside) pretty much the biggest difference from Smash 4, which I put more hours than I can count playing. Excited to take this sucker online, especially since they made Dorf even better!