love

Author Topic: Travel  (Read 5622 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Travel
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2024, 03:17:24 AM »
Was great to be able to meet up with you and thanks for the beer…. Have a great flight
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2024, 11:55:24 AM »
Was Singapore what you expected Bondo?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2024, 04:29:01 PM »
I saw one sign for road diversion to continue through end of 2026. Found that surprising as it feels like they’d be more hyper-efficient on capital projects in a way the US has forgotten how to be.

But otherwise there’s a lot to like in the ways I’d have imagined giving the billing it gets. Really easy and cheap subway options. I would hardly have to walk around, but I did a bit anyway because I enjoy it, and compared to most other places in SE Asia, it’s easy to walk around.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2024, 10:41:06 PM »
Well, they are always building.  Not sure where that was but if they if they are building a subway below that takes a while.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2024, 11:13:01 PM »
It was heading south by Raffles Hospital with the Hospital to your right. It did say tunnel works.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2024, 01:35:44 AM »
Don’t think to expect another line through Bugis but there are more building under construction.  They plan the MRT quite far in advance, I’m waiting for an additional line to go through Pasir Ris around 2029… maybe will move back by then

https://landtransportguru.net/lta-future-mrt-system-map-march-2020/