love

Author Topic: The Oscars 2018  (Read 4856 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: The Oscars 2018
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 10:00:01 AM »
McDonagh wasn't nominated for Best Director, basically killing any chance Three Billboards has at Best Picture (we can hope at least).
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »
McDonagh wasn't nominated for Best Director, basically killing any chance Three Billboards has at Best Picture (we can hope at least).

Also The Shape of Water missed at SAG for Ensemble, killing any chance it has a of winning Best Picture
And Get Out didn't get nominated for Editing, killing any chance it has a of winning Best Picture
And Ladybird and Dunkirk missed PGA, killing any chance they had of winning Best Picture

And Call Me By Your Name missed both SAG and PGA, killing any chance it has a of winning Best Picture

etc.

I guess they're not giving out Best Picture this year ! On a more serious note, the race looks pretty open because of all of the above, so we'll see. My guess is Three Billboards is too divisive to get it and it'll be... something else. DOn't know what though.
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
It is a sad day when people are not excited by a new PTA movie anymore.

Are you taking into consideration that I hate PTA’s movies?

I make great efforts to always forget there are people who hate PTA.

Yesterday it was Bondo. Today it is my heart you're breaking 'noff. What has happened to you?

Despite pretty much hating his last film, I am still with you. Phantom Thread looks like it is just being released here so will try to catch up with it over the next couple of days.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love