We've decided to organize the FYCs a little different again this year. After the last few years of maintaining the By Category and By Film threads, I have noticed a few things.
1. It is very time consuming and often difficult to keep up with all the FYCs, especially having to track everything twice.
2. I have always had the sneaking suspicion that certain FYCs were duplicated when a member didn't remember they had already FYC'd something. (This point is not to call anyone out, as I don't believe anyone ever did it intentionally)
As a result, we will be moving to a Google Doc which will provide some nice benefits to the process I believe. We will also still maintain a Letterboxd List as well.
1. You will be able to see all FYCs in one place.
2. The spreadsheet will afford the member the ability to filter either by Film or by Category to see all FYCs for a certain Film/Category.
3. I will be able to easily track who FYC'd what, giving us a more in depth look at the process than simply something has been seconded or thirded, etc, plus it will prevent re-FYCing.
4. This format should afford pixote and easier way to convert the "data" to a forum post using his wizardry.I hope everyone finds the spreadsheet easier to work with when looking for FYCs and also looking to put forth FYCs.
If you have questions regarding the process, or how to use the spreadsheet, please don't hesitate to ask.
Without further ado, FYC away!