love

Author Topic: Sequels that we want to see  (Read 2111 times)

matbezlima

Re: Sequels that we want to see
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 04:24:24 AM »
A third Incredibles movie would surely be better than having a third Cars movie. Still, I would prefer that they wait like they did with Toy Story 3 and Incredibles 2 itself, if there will ever be a Incredibles 3.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 04:45:33 AM »
I just want Pixar to animate a group of office computer programs that only dream of becoming videogames but learn on their way to accept their lot in life and that joy is less about what you're doing than how you go about doing it.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

matbezlima

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »
I read online the first chapters of Incredibles 2 junior novelization and it does not seem like it will be a feminist film. Helen is extremely worried about her family above all, like she was in the first movie, and is extremely resistant at first to accept Winston's offer because she does not want to be separated from his family for a while. Bob argues with her a lot until she finally accepts. Many people who have watched the movie say that even tough Helen recovers her spark for adventure, she still feels a good weight in consciouness for not being there with her family and wants to reunite again with the family as soon as possible. The writing seems good based on my reading of the junior novelization's first chapters, despite many critics arguing that the second half of the movie is clearly stronger than the first.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
Why are you reading scripts before watching the movie?
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

matbezlima

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
The reviews overall say that Incredibles 2 is a very good, great and worthy sequel, even if it is a little uneven, not as consistently great, well-rounded, clever and cohesive as the first movie, but it delivers the hype, the characters are good, Violet and Jack-Jack get the most of character development and focus among the kids, with Dash mostly as comic relief, Violet's arc is praised as well earned, the mundane family dynamics of the first remain great as ever and the script has good discussions, even they aren't perfectly closed sometimes and maybe a little too heavy handed a few times, even if well intentioned. I did not watch the movie, but this is pretty much the critical consensus. It has 97% in Rotten Tomatoes with 38 reviews, 37 fresh, and the average rating there is 8,4/10. The original has 8,3/10. The Critics' Choice Award has given it for now the score 86, the original has 88.

matbezlima

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
I have only one fear about Incredibles 2: the fans' reaction. I have no doubts that it is going to be a truly very good, great, very fun and enjoyable movie even if it ends up falling a little below the ridiculously high standard set by the first and still I think that it's gonna be undoubtedly the best Pixar sequel besides Toy Story sequels. But the fact that they took 14 years to release this movie, a time when so much happened in super-hero movies and the hype for the sequel only grew, that this movie may end up being too rigorously and people will complain even about the lesser things. They think that because it took 14 years to be made, they need to receive something perfect and even better than the first, something that makes Incredibles 2 potentially far more vulnerable to criticisms and disappoint than if it was released in the late 2000s, pre-MCU era, because the novelty and deconstruction of super heroes that was such a distinctive and big calling attention of the original may not be so special and unique today in some aspects. Manh reviewers are saying that even tough it is a great sequel, the movie simply came too late and should have been made a long time ago and that making it only now makes some of the lessons feel outdated because of how much we saw of super-hero movies, even if Incredibles 2 is not guilty of this in any way, reviewers say that Brad Bird in Incredibles 2 really show fun-loving, excitement, many ideas and desire to say substantial things about family (even if some critics not all them are completely well and coherently handled, fully developed like the first movie), creativity, energy, good wills and passion here, Bird really decided to make the movie that he wanted saying what he wanted regardless of what has happened in the super-hero market in all those years, as if the movie was made in the period just after the original.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:37:27 AM by matbezlima »

matbezlima

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
The movie Incredibles 2 has not even been released and there are some people blaming it as SJW feminist propaganda. I don't know what group is more irritating: the radical feminists or the radical anti-feminists...

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »
I don't know what group is more irritating: the radical feminists or the radical anti-feminists...

For me it depends on how often they post the same stuff in different threads. 

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 11:26:44 PM »
I don't know what group is more irritating: the radical feminists or the radical anti-feminists...

For me it depends on how often they post the same stuff in different threads.

Trying to put a stop to this violation of our standards. I'm Pm'ed him.
Texan Down Under